Results 1 to 9 of 9

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Problem with 4.0

  1. #1
    Default Problem with 4.0
    When I try to back up my device it gives me an error saying this: Itunes could not back up the iPhone because the device refused the request.

    What is up with that?

    ~Tim

    If I have helped you then thank me.

  2. #2
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Whitby, ON CA
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tjb5099 View Post
    When I try to back up my device it gives me an error saying this: Itunes could not back up the iPhone because the device refused the request.

    What is up with that?

    ~Tim
    Yea, for some reason i'm getting the same error. I think it has to do with how the OS handles Folders? Although I could be wrong. Maybe an update from iTunes will clear that up.

  3. #3
    iPhoneaholic REAPERDAGREAT13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    N.E.L.A.S & Barcelona
    Posts
    343
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 75 Times in 49 Posts

    Yeah maybe it's just because ur using a software that isn't out yet so iTunes might not fully support it

  4. #4
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    yer i get that error too, i also have folders, and i have windows, maybe its a problem with windows unless someone is getting it on mac?

  5. #5
    I am getting the error both on mac and pc.

    ~Tim

    If I have helped you then thank me.

  6. #6
    You have to install the latest XCode which updates files in iTunes:
    iTunes could not back up the iPhone because the iPhone refused the request - OS 4

    Cause obviously you've only got OS 4 to develop on, right?

  7. #7
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Zehlek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fort Erie, ON
    Posts
    842
    Thanks
    235
    Thanked 44 Times in 41 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Collier View Post
    You have to install the latest XCode which updates files in iTunes:
    iTunes could not back up the iPhone because the iPhone refused the request - OS 4

    Cause obviously you've only got OS 4 to develop on, right?
    I updated on a mac with 9.1 iTunes and no xCode

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehlek View Post
    I updated on a mac with 9.1 iTunes and no xCode
    You'll need to be on a Mac with Xcode for it to backup, although I expect a new iTunes will be released soon that will fix it..

  9. #9
    So let me get this straight you have to pay 99usd to be able to back up your device if you have 4.0 beta on it lol this blows.

    ~Tim

    If I have helped you then thank me.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •