Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Whats my best restore/JB method

Default Whats my best restore/JB method
    I have a 3GS that has been jailbroken for so long I don't know the best way to do it again. I have SSHed a lot of crap into my phone that I don't want, and I'm having data connection issues. I am thinking I should try a restore, but don't know what my best bet is. I have the older bootrom, I'm not worried about that. I have my SHSHes on file with Cydia. I am using a Mac with OSX. Now what is my best plan of action?

Thanks

You should be able to use your SHSH's on file to restore to 3.1.2 ( the ones you have are for 3.1.2, right)

They are for 3.1.2. Is there a good guide on how to do this? What is the best jb tool to use after the restore?

OK, the restore was simple. Now I just don't know what the best jailbreak tool is. I don't need to unlock, any suggestions? I am pretty sure I used blackra1n last time.
    Last edited by jjk454ss; 2010-04-10 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Did blackrain cause problems or something?

No, it worked great for a long time. I just didn't know what the best option is lately. I was getting problems with data connection being dropped, but it wasn't the jailbreak. I think it may have had something to do with enabling tethering or installing MyWi. But I don't really know. I figured I would try a restore and see if it fixes it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone CONVBMW's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jjk454ss View Post
    They are for 3.1.2. Is there a good guide on how to do this? What is the best jb tool to use after the restore?

OK, the restore was simple. Now I just don't know what the best jailbreak tool is. I don't need to unlock, any suggestions? I am pretty sure I used blackra1n last time.
    Redsn0w

Quote Originally Posted by jjk454ss View Post
    No, it worked great for a long time. I just didn't know what the best option is lately. I was getting problems with data connection being dropped, but it wasn't the jailbreak. I think it may have had something to do with enabling tethering or installing MyWi. But I don't really know. I figured I would try a restore and see if it fixes it.
    If you are sure you have SHSH 3.1.2 saved on Cydia, you can restore it with stock Apple firmware 3.1.2, then jailbraek and unlock it.
    Or the most simply way is just restore it with custome firmware 3.1.2. Actually this works better cause it preserve the old baseband, which you can use yellowsnow to unlock it. Yellow is more stable than the blacksnow. Just google for custome firmware 3.1.2 for 3gs.
    good luck

Thanks for the replies. I restored to 3.1.2, I am going to leave it for a day or two and see if I still get the problems with data. That is if I can take it, I keep swiping to bring up sbsettings thinking it is still there. Then it looks like I will jb with redsn0w. Thanks for the help.