Page 89 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 3080

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 4.0 Beta All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

So how about those Yankees?

Oh man, good times . I remember all this beta goodness happening last year. Great to see everything is still happening for 4.x .

I really want this jailbreak. Enabling native home screen wallpaper(s) and multitasking would be sorta nice.

Actually, I'm looking forward to the next beta more than anything. Why? Beta 1 is VERY slow on my iPhone 3G. Even slower than 3.1.3 was when jailbroken and had a bunch of MobileSubstrate stuff happening in the background.

Definitely looking forward to this .

Maybe you could release a private beta now? I could care less about Cydia. Just need to be able to transfer files back and forth via USB/afc2 and whatnot.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger92 View Post
    Sweeeetttt! What type of cydia issues?
    It was crashing. It was an older version. Its being updated to the latest one now

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

colouny (2010-04-14), madkai (2010-04-14), T.A. (2010-05-17)

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    It was crashing. It was an older version. Its being updated to the latest one now
    You should do a Ustream stream of all of this . Would attract a lot of viewers.

Were you able to preserve the baseband and the blackrain/ultrasn0w unlock? Quite curious because if you didn't then I can't update

Quote Originally Posted by Transonic View Post
    Were you able to preserve the baseband and the blackrain/ultrasn0w unlock? Quite curious because if you didn't then I can't update
    Why would you want to update (actually a restore, since you can't update to 4.0b1)? It's WAY too buggy to be used as your primary phones' operating system.

Quote Originally Posted by besweeet2 View Post
    Why would you want to update (actually a restore, since you can't restore to 4.0b1)? It's WAY too buggy to be used as your primary phones' operating system.
    Because it's 4.0

Because it's 4.0
    A) It's a VERY early beta - It should be more of a pre-alpha than it is a beta. It's THAT bad.
    B) It's slow.
    C) Not everything works.
    D) There will be a new beta next Tuesday...
    E) CONSTANT crashes.
    F) A lot of compatibility problems with current applications.

A) It's a VERY early beta - It should be more of a pre-alpha than it is a beta. It's THAT bad.
    B) It's slow.
    C) Not everything works.
    E) CONSTANT crashes.
    Yes. But it's 4.0. And lots of people have been saying that there's a noticeable difference in speed and it feels more snappy.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

B) It's slow.
    C) Not everything works.
    E) CONSTANT crashes.
    What are these constant crashes? I haven't had any issues with it crashing. Some apps crash but I'll fore go using the NY Times app in order to get to play with 4.0

Yes. But it's 4.0. And lots of people have been saying that there's a noticeable difference in speed and it feels more snappy.
    I guess if you're on a 3GS or a iPT3G, then yes, but for the iPhone 3G and iPT2G, it's quite the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    What are these constant crashes? I haven't had any issues with it crashing. Some apps crash but I'll fore go using the NY Times app in order to get to play with 4.0
    These stock apps have crashed on me at some point:
    • Photos
    • Maps
    • Settings
    • iTunes
    • App Store
    • Safari
    • Phone (yes...)
    • Mail
    • iPod

A lot of 3.x apps crash or don't work properly too.

You may be wondering why I don't just downgrade to 3.1.3. Because it's 4.0 .

Going to be a long 2-3 months.

I guess if you're on a 3GS or a iPT3G, then yes, but for the iPhone 3G and iPT2G, it's quite the opposite.
    Guess which one I have.

Question: Will the 4.0 jailbreak be with QuickPWN like the 3.0 betas were, or will we have to build our own custom IPSW?

I'm on an iPhone 3G and it seems pretty snappy overall. Things close a lil faster and you're able to do things within the apps a lil faster. But there are times where it seems to hang for a while..

Quote Originally Posted by grans View Post
    I'm on an iPhone 3G and it seems pretty snappy overall. Things close a lil faster and you're able to do things within the apps a lil faster. But there are times where it seems to hang for a while..
    Really? Because I've restored to 4.0 3 times since Thursday and it's definitely slower than 3.1.3 is when stock. Messages takes at least 5x longer to startup. Was less than 2 seconds before, and now it's around 10. Bringing up the keyboard across all apps takes a lot longer as well. It's just slow and a pain in the ***. Hopefully beta 2 will be faster.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Question: Will the 4.0 jailbreak be with QuickPWN like the 3.0 betas were, or will we have to build our own custom IPSW?
    Custom firmwares

18. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

T.A. (2010-05-17)

Custom firmwares
    Will these 4.0 IPSW's already be made and uploaded somewhere, or will we have to use PwnageTool or sn0wbreeze to make them? If that's the case, won't the jailbreak take longer to be released?

Stealth do you think it will be out in the next few hours? So I know to stay up or not

I've been away from this for a while, hoping to see a huge jump in posts or a huge update on the front page about when this is done, but I'd figure I'd ask anyways...

Are we still waiting for a windows compatible beta 1?
    And apparently when it happens it's going to be jailbroken??

Quote Originally Posted by ownerofspam View Post
    I've been away from this for a while, hoping to see a huge jump in posts or a huge update on the front page about when this is done, but I'd figure I'd ask anyways...

Are we still waiting for a windows compatible beta 1?
    And apparently when it happens it's going to be jailbroken??
    We are just waiting for it to be released... its jailbroken and windows ready.
    13" 2.9 GHz i7 MacBook Pro OSX Mountain Lion | 32gb iPhone 4S iOS 5.1.1 JB

Page 89 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast