Page 83 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 3080

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 4.0 Beta All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

Thanks
    I have some free slots too, PM me if needed..

Here's another noob question. Just say someone installs the 4.0 beta1 that has been jailbroken by SB. When beta 2 comes out it is going to expire in a couple of weeks forcing you to install beta2. Does that mean that there is going to be a week or so wait for someone (like SB) to jailbreak that version of it? The same goes with every beta version that comes out until it is publicly released?

Sorry if it's been answered before. I wasn't around the iphones when 3.0 came out.

I really don't understand why people would even consider using Beta software when thy don't know what they are doing?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    your question was answered...how does that not make sense?

Originally Posted by jordonj
    so will the jb beta expire like reg betas?

my answer :
    always...

they will always expire....they are betas just like 3.0 expired and 2.0
    got ya. just wondering how and why a jailbroken firmware would expire

Quote Originally Posted by dr0herb View Post
    im new to iphone betas..what do you guys mean "the betas expire"
    Do you mean @ some point in the near future this current 4.0 firmware will stop functioning? Like while im away on business all of a sudden it will give me a connect to itunes screen? Or will it only expire when i try and sync?
    not to be an ***..
    but that is exactly what will happen. lol
    Last edited by jordonj; 2010-04-13 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Indeed, takes me a fair bit of weighing up before deciding if I'm going to flash it to my device, and I actually have an interest in developing for it - I don't think I'd want to do it if not for that until it was a lot closer to release.

iPhone? More like MyPhone xfsasx's Avatar
    Thanks

My heads hurts from anticipation!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    I really don't understand why people would even consider using Beta software when thy don't know what they are doing?
    because we are crazy, but most of us here are savvy enough to learn as we go along. just because im new to an iphone beta doesnt mean im a noob @ life or technology.

Im a fast learner but im still unsure about how the firmware reacts once it expires. :-\

Thanks

because we are crazy, but most of us here are savvy enough to learn as we go along. just because im new to an iphone beta doesnt mean im a noob @ life or technology.

Im a fast learner but im still unsure about how the firmware reacts once it expires. :-
    well, when it expires, your phone catchs aids and it dies a short un happy life then u get the next beta and reborn to a life of aids again...and it repeats itself

but seriously, only betas expire and the phone just wont catch a signal or anything, the itunes logo comes on...but on the final release, that doesnt expire

You're probably right but you gotta start somewhere ya know? It's obviously something they are interested in so why not give it a try and see if they like it. It's pretty safe since it's an iPhone that can be restored, so might as well go for it. To each their own
    13" 2.9 GHz i7 MacBook Pro OSX Mountain Lion | 32gb iPhone 4S iOS 5.1.1 JB

iPhone? More like MyPhone gsmumbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Im a fast learner but im still unsure about how the firmware reacts once it expires. :-
    Sounds exactly like something I said to someone in a PM a few days ago. lol. Installing the beta doesn't turn your iPhone into a rubiks cube that you must solve to access anything. It is 4.0, what you will be getting in a few months, just a little glitchy. The only thing people don't really understand is how to install it on Windows or the limitations of the beta part, one of which will be answered with the jailbreak, the other can be answered in one simple post, maybe two for clarification.

Beta's are not about "learn as we go along".

It scares me to see the sort of people that are 'trying' this.

I believe a lot of people will regret it - and the sort of people that will regret it will object to me pointing this out.

I think it is very irresponsible of people to encourage this and certain people should know better - but one wonders if they are old enough to grow the beard their avatar has....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

You can easily remove the expiration. I will post instructions on how to do it when everything is released.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

dr0herb (2010-04-13), T.A. (2010-05-17)

Thanks

so...it will cease to operate on the fly? Like when im using it? Is the expiration date already coded in the firmware? I doubt apple could remotely activate a kill switch. But im not going to underestimate @pple// =)

Thanks

I believe a lot of people will regret it - and the sort of people that will regret it will object to me pointing this out.

I think it is very irresponsible of people to encourage this and certain people should know better - but one wonders if they are old enough to grow the beard their avatar has....
    lol. I'm older than you

I don't see anything wrong with people using beta firmwares. Worse that could happen is they lose an unlock, but I have warned of that from the beginning.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

T.A. (2010-05-17)

Thanks

Eta sb?

Thanks

What's to know? People don't know how to run redsn0w either but you are willing to teach them.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

T.A. (2010-05-17)

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    lol. I'm older than you
    Now that, I know, is not true!

iPhone? More like MyPhone gsmumbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Confucious, do we really need to discuss this again? Or are you fine going over the PM's again? There is no reason beta's aren't learn as we go along things. Especially ones like this. The main issue would be expiring firmware, which has been answered to everyone already. Past that there is a bug list on the forum already, and testimonials from those of us already with beta 1 about what bugs we are experiencing. There is no irresponsibility of anyone here, just a group of people who are learning from those who already have experience. Elitism isn't needed here, and people who know a little less about betas shouldn't be put down by those who have beta tested before.

Thanks

Now that, I know, is not true!
    It's very true. Unless the photo I saw of you is way old

23. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

T.A. (2010-05-17)

Thanks

that guys signature is kind of ironic, im not the first one to point that out, and ive only been reading this forum for a few days.

Page 83 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133 ... LastLast