Page 67 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 3080

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 4.0 Beta All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Pretty much. There are also a crap load of devices to make compatible.
    good morning SB! When you have a moment, can you please tell us if the new bootrom 3GS will be one of those which are compatible? Thanks

Just wanted to share my way i upgraded to 4.0beta

I used VMware workstation 7
    It took me ages to work this out, first dont download snow lep 10.6.2 use old mac os x, i used the darwin snow iso to boot then installed the mac os f8 sawp iso ect
    when it installed i downloaded itunes 9.1 and then opened it up,for pc users took me ages to work out the shift restore is Alt restore in mac lol
    pick the 4.0 ipsw and first time in tryed it failed sounded like the PC took over the usb on the iphone,so i tryed it again and it worked perfect

Hope this help

Matte

Missing Cydia SB any news?

The add playlist feature in iPod rocks! Finally!

I wish SB would just come on here and say whether the JB is coming at all or not. Not when, because I understand that's harder to answer, but just if its even coming at all.

All i want is a definite, positive, not "I-may-change-my-mind", answer. Is it too much to ask?
    "99 luft balloons"

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipmatte View Post
    Just wanted to share my way i upgraded to 4.0beta

I used VMware workstation 7
    It took me ages to work this out, first dont download snow lep 10.6.2 use old mac os x, i used the darwin snow iso to boot then installed the mac os f8 sawp iso ect
    when it installed i downloaded itunes 9.1 and then opened it up,for pc users took me ages to work out the shift restore is Alt restore in mac lol
    pick the 4.0 ipsw and first time in tryed it failed sounded like the PC took over the usb on the iphone,so i tryed it again and it worked perfect

Hope this help

Matte

Missing Cydia SB any news?
    i used 10.6.2 with no problems except that it ran real slow on my xp computer.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mad102190 View Post
    I wish SB would just come on here and say whether the JB is coming at all or not. Not when, because I understand that's harder to answer, but just if its even coming at all.

All i want is a definite, positive, not "I-may-change-my-mind", answer. Is it too much to ask?
    actually it is too much to ask...just be patient for the release of the jailbreak...notice how the thread title is "Firmware 4.0 beta all inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!" meaning its coming

My iPhone is a Part of Me Zehlek's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey SB, do you think that once this jb comes out, the other beta jb will be easier?

I could not get it to work at all, so you did well to
    Even tryed Empire EFI

Any guide how you did it will be good

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zehlek View Post
    Hey SB, do you think that once this jb comes out, the other beta jb will be easier?
    I was wondering that myself. I'm pretty sure that it will be much easier since they will more or less just have to replace the files they modified and see what changes apple has made to the beta. And then of course they'll have to beta test the beta lol.

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

oh guess who's online helllo mr stealthbravo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by katmeef View Post
    oh guess who's online helllo mr stealthbravo
    stalkers lol

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mad102190 View Post

It's coming

Quote Originally Posted by Zehlek View Post
    Yes it will be much easier and faster.

4.0 beta jailbreak won't be crappy like the 3.0 one where you couldn't use any mobile substrate apps. Last time it was real hacky and just hijacked quickpwn. This is quite different with full patches just like a full jailbreak release would have ( why it's taken longer, and more devices this time). As far as the new bootrom is concerned, the jailbreak might be tethered because any non public exploits can't be included.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

alexxx139 (2010-04-12), chronzz (2010-04-12), dr0herb (2010-04-12), mad102190 (2010-04-12), mortopher (2010-04-12)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Zehlek's Avatar
    Thanks

Sweet, thanks SB.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

For everyone that wants a 4.0 beta jailbreak just remember that most of your favorite apps (winterboard, sb settings.. pretty much anything with a mobile substrate hook) won't be functional and the devs will not push an update for 4.0 until the public release. Just because it's jailbroken doesn't mean you can use 3.x.x apps on 4.0

iPhone? More like MyPhone gsmumbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Good thing being 4.0 being jailbroken opens the door for them to work on their updates.

@poseidon79 that's true....I remember in the 3.0 betas, alot of the main jb apps were not updated until the gm was released

Any ETA for release?

Didn't Stealth just say the 4.0 jailbreak would have working mobile substrate components though?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cpenner View Post
    Didn't Stealth just say the 4.0 jailbreak would have working mobile substrate components though?
    Each Dev still has the responsibility to update the app for 4.0 compatibility. When 2.0 and 3.0 came out all of the mobile substrate apps took WEEKS to push an update and this was AFTER the official public release. Don't hold your breath guys.

Oh and I think the first priority is making all these apps 3.2 compatible for the iPad jailbreak which is coming out well before the 4.0 release.

iPhone? More like MyPhone gsmumbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Each Dev still has the responsibility to update the app for 4.0 compatibility. When 2.0 and 3.0 came out all of the mobile substrate apps took WEEKS to push an update and this was AFTER the official public release. Don't hold your breath guys.

Oh and I think the first priority is making all these apps 3.2 compatible for the iPad jailbreak which is coming out well before the 4.0 release.
    Well aren't you just one big bundle of joy. lol. Depending on the framework changes made it is entirely possible that a majority of jailbreak apps still work after the JB is released. There is also the possibility that they won't. SB is saying mobilesubstrate looks to be working which is 100% possible too. It all depends on what Apple changed.

Page 67 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast