Page 66 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 3080

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 4.0 Beta All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

^ that was what i was thinking of

iPhone? More like MyPhone gsmumbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JStraitiff View Post
    ^ that was what i was thinking of
    That would seriously make my month. haha.

Green Apple
    Thanks

apart from the folders there is nothing else I can think of.....

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Pretty much. There are also a crap load of devices to make compatible. iH8sn0w has been crushing out patches all weekend. But a lot of progress has been made. I wish I could have had a link to download ready for you guys but I won't delay any longer than need be.

Coming soon:

Sweet!!
    Is there any way of knowing if the next beta will work with windows? I just don't understand why they made it where it wouldn't work
    13" 2.9 GHz i7 MacBook Pro OSX Mountain Lion | 32gb iPhone 4S iOS 5.1.1 JB

This is great news. Stealth- thank you and everyone else for the hard work.

On a related note, I have a ton of device ID slots available if you need one PM me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone gsmumbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by howlett15 View Post
    Sweet!!
    Is there any way of knowing if the next beta will work with windows? I just don't understand why they made it where it wouldn't work
    The whole point of the beta is to beta test your apps on the real phone running 4.0, not to beta test the firmware itself(although it's an added bonus). Since xcode only works on OSX, there is no reason to really allow the firmware to be loaded on Windows.

Not saying I agree, but that would be the reasoning.

@howlett15 it's because it is only for developers, and since the sdk is for mac only that's what the developers use. With this beta, apple just figured out a way to restrict it from being used in a windows environment

oh ok thanks... if we could only get the developers to complain claiming that the majority of their apps beta testers are on windows machines lol

Is their any chance i will get to have a 4.0 beta on my phone? even with a custom firmware?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by howlett15 View Post
    Sweet!!
    In the 4.0 firmware there is a section that checks the OS of your computer. If it isn't a mac, then it tells iTunes to error 13. It's a little shady. However, a custom firmware would allow for the installation on a windows computer or mac computer.

awesome that's really an amazing talent all the devs have. I have a huge amount of respect for them and the time they put into it. I wish i could do that stuff, but I'm struggling with a visual basic program. lol
    Stealth, you and your friends keep up the good work!

@Stealthbravo hey stealth is there a way to just go into the ipsw and disable the check

Quote Originally Posted by ramguerra View Post
    @Stealthbravo hey stealth is there a way to just go into the ipsw and disable the check
    I'm really not one to answer this question but i think if it were that easy it would have been done by now.

Yay! Finally got it working in VMware. It's running really smooth for a beta.

@howlett15 haha yea that's true....I think imma loon into the firmware filesystem and see....I wonder how I can look into the file...anyone know?

Good luck too you... I hope you find something!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

did anyone get 4.0 to install using a mac emiluator? because i had to use a friends mac, and want to b able to do it myself without having to bother him
    thanks
    hayden

Quote Originally Posted by Haydo View Post
    did anyone get 4.0 to install using a mac emiluator? because i had to use a friends mac, and want to b able to do it myself without having to bother him
    thanks
    hayden
    I installed MacOSX on a virtual (VMWare) on my Windows 7 box. Using this virtual, I was able to update my phone to 4.0.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BadTA For This Useful Post:

Haydo (2010-04-12)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok thanks, hahah i cant do it tho, hahah not allowed, as its like 4gig for the mac os unforutunatly i think ill have to keep leaching of my friend haha

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Osm Work SB, lovin ya!!!
    I remember one year ago at the same time this thread was the most osm thing ever and i kept pressing F5 to see if SB had developed or found out some new thing for 3.0 beta!!! and he always updated like immediately whenever he found something new!!!

Hey SB any news of if 4.0 is working with the old baseband?

Page 66 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast