Page 64 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 3080

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 4.0 Beta All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

Agree to disagree. Where there's a will there's a way. I remember when 3.1.3 was "unjailbreakable". Now they have found multiple exploits. An exploit doesn't exist until it is found therefore you cannot patch something that does not exist. ; )

My iPhone is a Part of Me Zehlek's Avatar
    Thanks

I went to futureshop and I updated to 4.0. It works flawlessly this far. I also had to update their iTunes beforehand

Quick question... I thought 3.1.3 was already jailbroken (kinda anyways) with RedSnow and using the 3.1.2 firmware. I JB'd my nephews 3G this way. Granted he's on AT&T, and I don't have to unlock, but doesn't BlackSnow RC2 take care of that on 3.1.3 with the 5.11.07 baseband? Just wondering... Please correct me if I'm misunderstanding the debate

"Help me, SB... You're my only hope..."

Green Apple
    Thanks

this thread is no good...i was thinking it would be like last year, but it just isnt...and IMO 4.0 is really no better than a 3.1.x jailbroken :-( i prefer pro switcher/backgrounder...this may change when all apps are updated with the multitasking API's, but for now I think i am going to go back to 3.1.x

Yea, the first stage of the 4.0 has been a let down. The hype of an imminent JB hasn't made things much more positive either. I think too many of us are anticipating a JB when there's a good chance it won't be released until 4.0 is finalized. I'm still sitting on my 3GS waiting for not only a JB, but an unlock. I might have to sell it now because it doesn't seem that either are happening any time soon =(. It's great that the dev team is at least working on it, though, but I think it's time to look at the Incredible for me.

Look guys my point was not to start a flaming match or 'rant' session, I was trying to just throw some food for thought at you guys about the fact that there are supposedly multiple exploits (and ways to jailbreak), and that atleast one of them could be put to good use for the time being since it will all be patched again eventually anyway (and then exploited again, and so forth). I only responded to tiger the way I did because of how he came at me disrespectful unnecessarily.

But anyway I digress....

I also think its ironic how until I made my post you guys were begging for the jailbreak every 20 mins, now after an alternate way of looking at things was presented everyone has changed their tune...

Atleast now you all can stop bothering SB and they can get this damn thing finished... (thats a joke b4 we have another mishap)

I was ony trying to spark discussion, my bad if it was seen as more than that.

@emarty69
    That method doesn't work for iphone 3gs/itouch 3rd gen with newer baseband. There is no jailbreak for these devices (atleast not one thats released anyway).

@skolpo
    Just thought I'd mention that I have owned an iphone since release and earlier this year I decided to switch to an android device because android seemed to be coming along nicely, but it was a big let down IMO. Personally I still feel that a 'jailbroken' iphone is the best mobile device to date.

So now you all have some background info on how the frustration all got started for me because I'm stuck with a stock 3gs (I hate iphone OS as is but jailbroken its hands down better than anything out there).
    Last edited by juggz143; 2010-04-12 at 04:25 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emarty69 View Post
    Quick question... I thought 3.1.3 was already jailbroken (kinda anyways) with RedSnow and using the 3.1.2 firmware. I JB'd my nephews 3G this way. Granted he's on AT&T, and I don't have to unlock, but doesn't BlackSnow RC2 take care of that on 3.1.3 with the 5.11.07 baseband? Just wondering... Please correct me if I'm misunderstanding the debate

"Help me, SB... You're my only hope..."
    someone correct me if im wrong, but 3gs with the new iboot won't accept pwnage tool custom firmware, and blackra1n won't work with 3.1.3.

so for people with new 3gs that came with 3.1.3, or those that got one with 3.1.2 and screwed it up and were forced to update (but since they bought it after 3.1.3 came out, apple no longer signs 3.1.2 keys... FML... lol), there's no jailbreak solution atm until either the userland comes out, or the iboot exploit.

but nonetheless, i'm happy waiting for it if it means my device, the 4g and ipads will get a iboot exploit and permanent jailbreak potential as with the 2g and 3g iphones.

OS 4.0 beta gives me a teaser of the customizability a jailbreak will offer, as well my phone isn't a POS to all my friends anylonger who have been teasing me for weeks ;P

Quote Originally Posted by juggz143 View Post
    I also think its ironic how until I made my post you guys were begging for the jailbreak every 20 mins, now after an alternate way of looking at things was presented everyone has changed their tune....
    Not to egg on the debate, but I have not been one of those who are begging. I'm happy with 4.0 until it's deemed an appropriate time for a new exploit to go public. Not that I don't want a jailbreak of course, but not at the expense of burning a new exploit. SB says the 4.0 beta is vulnerable to a known exploit right, so it won't cause any problems for jailbreaking in the future - perfect for those of us in the same situation as I am
    Last edited by katmeef; 2010-04-12 at 04:21 AM. Reason: clairification

katmeef read the edit i just did right above you^^^^

iPhone? More like MyPhone gsmumbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow I can't believe there is still fighting going on here. Can't everyone on this forum have conversations without getting riled up?

Thanks

Stealth needs to start a new thread lol

Quote Originally Posted by axpk95 View Post
    POSIXNINJA has said "I can almost guarantee an exploit for 3.1.3/3.2 (all devices, and all models!) before the end of the month"

so that makes me think the exploit in 3.1.3/3.2 is different from the one is 4.0 or they have found different ways to exploit 3.1.3/3.2 so if one is patched theres still another way in to jailbreak
    they have actually 3+ methods to jb

Quote Originally Posted by juggz143 View Post
    Look guys my point was not to start a flaming match or 'rant' session, I was trying to just throw some food for thought at you guys about the fact that there are supposedly multiple exploits (and ways to jailbreak), and that at least one of them could be put to good use for the time being since it will all be patched again eventually anyway (and then exploited again, and so forth). I only responded to tiger the way I did because of how he came at me disrespectful unnecessarily.

But anyway I digress....

I also think its ironic how until I made my post you guys were begging for the jailbreak every 20 mins, now after an alternate way of looking at things was presented everyone has changed their tune...

At least now you all can stop bothering SB and they can get this damn thing finished... (that's a joke b4 we have another mishap)

I was ony trying to spark discussion, my bad if it was seen as more than that.

@emarty69
    That method doesn't work for iphone 3gs/itouch 3rd gen with newer baseband. There is no jailbreak for these devices (atleast not one thats released anyway).

@skolpo
    Just thought I'd mention that I have owned an iphone since release and earlier this year I decided to switch to an android device because android seemed to be coming along nicely, but it was a big let down IMO. Personally I still feel that a 'jailbroken' iphone is the best mobile device to date.

So now you all have some background info on how the frustration all got started for me because I'm stuck with a stock 3gs (I hate iphone OS as is but jailbroken its hands down better than anything out there).
    I didn't insult you. Those of us who are saying don't release the jailbreak now are not the same bunch of newbs who joined yesterday and are posting "why don't you just release it already?!". I'm tried of people who have no hacking/programing skills that keep bugging those who are working hard to make sure jailbreaking lives on. If they released a jailbreak every 3.1.x.x.x for the stupid ones who upgraded, then it would be longer, and longer, and longer until more exploits were found and released. would you like to wait 6 months until a jailbreak for 5.0 is found because it was wasted on 4.0.1?

Thanks

Yes there are multiple exploits. They will hold the better exploits until the phone comes out. Any jailbreak released before then will utilize existing known exploits that still work on 4.0. Stealth is talking of a jailbreak utilizing one of these exploits. For those who keep asking if the JB is done are wondering if the JB that Stealth was talking about is near completion, the one using an existing exploit. The delay has nothing to do with not wanting to leak out an exploit, it has to do with them making sure it all works and polishing whatever needs polishing.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    You know, I really do hope we get an update of some sort, even if its just being told that the JB isn't gonna be coming out for now and not to expect it. The waiting and uncertainty is the only thing thats killing me right now.

Plus, just because there are ways of jailbreaking that it means it is easy to perform. Some of the wait is for them to create an easy-to-use program so people like me can do it with just one or two clicks. Then just cause the program works for the ipod 3G doesn't really mean that the same program will work for the 3GS. So some tweaking will have to be done to fine tune it to work for all types of idevices.
    Last edited by ibfr33k; 2010-04-12 at 04:49 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thenewthreetwo View Post
    stop fighting
    Let me guess, this is the "roommate" again?
    Last edited by z3r01; 2010-04-12 at 06:06 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

wow digs on mothers, financial status and race. this thread is uber-productive... :{
    been almost 22 hours since SB has chimed in on this board - i'm afraid to go to sleep as i might miss something lol

[email protected] tiger if you don't think 'Just do it yourself. Oh wait you can't?' x2 isn't condescending and therefor insulting I don't know what is...

Enough with my derailing the thread on with the All Inclusive Jailbreaking AWSOMENESS!!!
    Last edited by juggz143; 2010-04-12 at 05:21 AM.

Man this kinda stinks... I was hoping to have 4.0 on my phone by the end of the weekend... Oh well life goes on. Fingers crossed beta 2 is windblows compatible!

Thanks

Try going to a Best Buy and upgrading

Page 64 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast