Page 63 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 3080

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 4.0 Beta All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

I'm sure some of you are going to flame this but there's gotta be a few of you who agree with it:

Im starting to feel like the jailbreak guys are bullshyting because they keep using the excuse no 3.1.3 jailbreak til 3.2 cus apple could patch it, no jailbreak till 4.0 cus apple could patch it, no jailbreak til ipad 3g or iPhone 4 but whats to stop apple from releasing 4.1 right after to patch it, what then wait til 6.0

MY POINT IS THEY COULD ALWAYS JUST PATCH IT SO DOES THAT MEAN WE'LL NEVER SEE JAILBREAK AGAIN.... I THINK NOT SO JUST RELEASE IT ALREADY

mine was redirected @ sauriks server for 3.1.2... shsh backed up... it put me in recovery so i just restored back to 4.0... its alot smoother than i thought it would. anyone else feel like theres a speed increase?

Why release now then have to wait longer for a jailbreak!? If the exploit are released now then apple will patch them and the jb team will have to look for more. If we wait a while then we could have a jb as soon as it is released. And if they release 4.1 to patch it then all you have to is not upgrade

iPhone? More like MyPhone Real_Iphonecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by juggz143 View Post
    I'm sure some of you are going to flame this but there's gotta be a few of you who agree with it:

Im starting to feel like the jailbreak guys are bullshyting because they keep using the excuse no 3.1.3 jailbreak til 3.2 cus apple could patch it, no jailbreak till 4.0 cus apple could patch it, no jailbreak til ipad 3g or iPhone 4 but whats to stop apple from releasing 4.1 right after to patch it, what then wait til 6.0

MY POINT IS THEY COULD ALWAYS JUST PATCH IT SO DOES THAT MEAN WE'LL NEVER SEE JAILBREAK AGAIN.... I THINK NOT SO JUST RELEASE IT ALREADY
    I totally agree and @GEOHOT I thought you were of the same thinking. You even posted in public about holding back was not playing the game of cat and mouse u even said you'd find 18 more exploits and something about a round of golf, or something simular. But I dont see Geohot releasing anything now or is he working on something?
    Last edited by Real_Iphonecrazy; 2010-04-12 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

POSIXNINJA has said "I can almost guarantee an exploit for 3.1.3/3.2 (all devices, and all models!) before the end of the month"

so that makes me think the exploit in 3.1.3/3.2 is different from the one is 4.0 or they have found different ways to exploit 3.1.3/3.2 so if one is patched theres still another way in to jailbreak

hey good news I went to the local apple store and used a mac book to update my firmware to 4.0 beta....It was sweet everyone was looking at the ipads so I was very sneaky and finished in like 15 min...totally worth it

testing here I come!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

my guess is they have a hardware exploit for the new iBoot (that's in new bootrom 3gs and 3rd gen ipod - not sure if its the same in ipad but i suspect it is from the speed of the jailbreak). it's going to be something that can't be patched via software, like how 2g and 3g iphones will always be jailbreakable.

if they release that, apple will come out with a new iboot for the coming devices, and the fear is if that iboot is impenetrable, there will only ever be software based exploits from that point forwards which can easily be patched by software updates from apple.

that all being said, i'm betting one of the groups will give us the userland (patchable) exploit when 3g-ipad comes out, and wait for the 4g iphone (or longer) till they drop the iBoot exploit.

I think the iBoot exploit will be the only thing to give users with the new iBoot unteathered JB.

*edit* i'm also betting geohot is the one with the iBoot exploit from reading the blog posts / twitter stalking
    Last edited by katmeef; 2010-04-12 at 01:45 AM. Reason: quoted the wrong post

8. The Following User Says Thank You to katmeef For This Useful Post:

MacDevil7334 (2010-04-12)

if it's this close to new firmware, why would you waste an exploit? Ok, I have an idea! why don't YOU come up with a jailbreak? Oh, wait you can't? sorry. Stop complaining about these guys who VOLUNTEER to make exploits not releasing them. Do it yourself if you want it sooner. Oh, wait, you can't.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to moon#pie For This Useful Post:

24trepid (2010-04-12)

Oops... posted in wrong thread. But yea, go CUSTOM FW!

I hope that one day AT&T and Steve Jobs wil get off deez hacker nuts.

@TIGER

I knew some idiot was going to respond like that, I mean really I could have wrote your post for you.

I didn't bash anyone in my post, I'm just saying we're always going to jailbreak and apple is always going to patch it and so the cycle continues til infinity. So skip the stallin' and release atleast a 3.1.3 jailbreak, ESPECIALLY if there are multiple methods then we can spare one for the time being, I'm certain they'll have to code up some totally new shyt by 4.1 or 4.0.1 or whatever anyway... There's always a firmware update on the horizon within approx. every 3mths anyway (if you haven't been paying attention the last 3 years. OH I forgot it took you that long to save up and buy a ipod touch cus mommy couldn't afford it for christmas, sorry :*(

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This thread should be temporarily shut down until Stealth releases it.....if he does. Too much whining.

My iPhone is a Part of Me 24trepid's Avatar
    Thanks

This thread is DYING ...........
    Follow me on Twitter ... http://www.twitter.com/iTooCrzy

Smack That Thanks Button .........

Juggz, wow. You are even more of a moron than I thought. There ARE a limited number of exploits, and with these "bug fixes" update that apple throws out every three months (which I do know btw) the exploits will keep disappering. And my mom didn't buy my iPod touch you mother ******. And my mom is tougher than you will ever be with what life threatening things she's gone through in her life. So why don't you stfu and go play in traffic until geo or SB releases their jailbreak.

Oh, and if you want to make fun of my iPod touch, go ahead. I bet your mommy pays your outragous AT&T bill every month.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    (if you haven't been paying attention the last 3 years. OH I forgot it took you that long to save up and buy a ipod touch cus mommy couldn't afford it for christmas, sorry :*(
    I don't post here much, but bashing the poor? Staying classy I see...also, often times it is adults that are more oblivious to technology, younger people are often times the ones leading the way (especially with the iPhone/Touch, we all know how old Geohot is and was when he made his first hardware modded phone)

the reason that it isn't being used by the way, is because 3.1.3 is a small update that does nothing. By some random chance that Apple does get their stuff together and actually makes exploits harder to find, would you want one wasted on a meaningless update? Or would you rather have an update on 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2 or whatever it is when an update that is actually worth while happens.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to guyverunit0 For This Useful Post:

mortopher (2010-04-12)

1. there will always be an exploit.
    2. apple will always patch it
    3. stfu and wait lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

OK guyz lets stop the fighting. i dont want this thread to get closed. this is worse than the fighting than it was on the enable video recording and voice control threads!

Thanks guy. I'm by no mean poor FYI. I've had a job since I was twelve and have a nice chunk of money in my bank. I could easily afford to buy an iPhone. But I don't want to get one yet because my contract with AT&T has another year on it and I've got to lower the $120+ per month in the next contract.

There will not always be an exploit.
    Last edited by moon#pie; 2010-04-12 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    yeah, I just meant the generalization of what he was saying, I wasn't calling you poor or anything, just making light of his comment.

On the subject though for last years betas (I was more patient last year and so I didn't get in on them) Was a JB released promptly after Beta 2, 3 and so on or were people sweating it out thinking about their betas expiring.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

@TIGER

I knew some idiot was going to respond like that, I mean really I could have wrote your post for you.

I didn't bash anyone in my post, I'm just saying we're always going to jailbreak and apple is always going to patch it and so the cycle continues til infinity. So skip the stallin' and release atleast a 3.1.3 jailbreak, ESPECIALLY if there are multiple methods then we can spare one for the time being, I'm certain they'll have to code up some totally new shyt by 4.1 or 4.0.1 or whatever anyway... There's always a firmware update on the horizon within approx. every 3mths anyway (if you haven't been paying attention the last 3 years. OH I forgot it took you that long to save up and buy a ipod touch cus mommy couldn't afford it for christmas, sorry :*(
    Please research on the different types of exploits used in jailbreaking and unlocking before coming in here ranting nonsense. You can google it and find out that all that you need to know on the topic. I'm fairly certain that any and all bootrom exploits will be kept private until the new model is released. Unfortunate for some, but good for the overall community.

Also, I'd imagine that revealing any exploit could also lead Apple to thinking of/finding others and patching them up as well. Gotta be careful.

Your last part, the attempted attack at Tiger was pretty lame too my friend. From what you're saying I take it that your mommy bought your's the day it came out, no?

Page 63 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast