Page 61 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 3080

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 4.0 Beta All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

Has SB specified it will be a custom FW as opposed to a modification of an existing jailbreak tool (which might work on new bottom 3gs, fingers crossed)?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by madon View Post
    If there is, they haven't revealed it to the public yet - I imagine they'd sit on it until after the final 4.0 build though just in case
    I'd assume that would be the best course of action.

So far his posts have all referred to a custom firmware I believe

iPhone? More like MyPhone Real_Iphonecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi (Justin) @StealthBravo

Any chance of an update mate, there's loads of us sat here hitting the F5 key every 5 seconds, just hoping for a bit of reliable news.

Just a one line update would be great. Come on mate, look after your followers.

Thanks for the hard work mate, I know you do this **** in your own time and that's appreciated by myself and many other MMI members.

Thanks again
    Marc

Hey what's with firmware 3.2? Is it going to be released or was it pulled?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by howlett15 View Post
    Hey what's with firmware 3.2? Is it going to be released or was it pulled?
    Firmware 3.2 is Ipad only, afaik

can anyone post a link to download the beta firmware for the 3gs
    I tried restoring at a best buy on a mac and it wasn't working right
    mabee it was the firmware version i have
    thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Real_Iphonecrazy View Post

Any chance of an update mate, there's loads of us sat here hitting the F5 key every 5 seconds, just hoping for a bit of reliable news.

Just a one line update would be great. Come on mate, look after your followers.

Thanks for the hard work mate, I know you do this **** in your own time and that's appreciated by myself and many other MMI members.

Thanks again
    Marc
    At the risk of repeating myself!

Just a one line update would be great. Come on mate, look after your followers .

Thanks for the hard work you ut in mate, I know you do this **** in your own time and that's appreciated by myself and many other MMI members.

!!!!But Giz us an update please mate!!!!!

Thanks again
    Marc

Cant post links to beta firmware but google is your friend and so is SB
    Last edited by Real_Iphonecrazy; 2010-04-11 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Really, I don't think you need to keep asking less than 20 mins apart, if there's anything to tell I'm sure we'd have been told - a second post won't make him read it or respond any faster

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madon View Post
    Really, I don't think you need to keep asking less than 20 mins apart, if there's anything to tell I'm sure we'd have been told - a second post won't make him read it or respond any faster
    I'm so Sorry, I'm so so Sorry, I'm so so so Sorry

No I'm not I meant it all.

I've been checking every hour. Using the time in between to crack neighbor's wireless routers and rename them funny things.

Quote Originally Posted by axpk95 View Post
    nothing will happen today

thats what i posted over 8 hours ago on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by axpk95 View Post
    thats what i posted over 8 hours ago on this thread
    You were wrong, many things happened today... alas none of them were useful

I'm confused as to why people are wanting a custom firmware when it is riddled with bugs and will require you to update in about 3weeks, if your happy to start over every 3weeks then I'm sorry lol

just wait for the RC release like with the 3.0betas

A) Felt snappier than 3.1.2 does on my 3GS
    B) Genuine interest in development on it
    C) Actually had very few problems with it, less than I expected

So with all of the above, if I could JB it, I'd be quite happy updating it every three weeks or so - takes a relatively small amount of time, and can let it take care of sync and restoring media and settings while I sleep.

I'd be interested in the reasons others have as well though

Thanks

I'm not sure what implications this has on StealthBravo's OS4 Jailbreak but I think most of u will be interested. Read Below:

I'll start by clearing up a couple of common questions and misunderstandings.

The one question I get asked the most (other than “when are you going to release?”) is “what is greenpois0n?” Put simply, greenpois0n is a toolkit designed to help discover and exploit new vulnerabilities. Let me repeat that, greenpois0n itself is NOT an exploit. Most exploits typically have much more boring and technical names, such as “iBoot Environment Variable Overflow” or “usb_control_msg(0x21, 2)”. Tools, on the other hand, are typically given more creative names, like redsn0w, blackra1n, or greenpois0n. Even though most of these tools use the same exploits, each one has its own unique strengths and weaknesses. Redsn0w was designed to be robust and low maintenance by using Apple's own NOR flashing routines, whereas blackra1n was designed to be small, fast, and have a low memory footprint. While both these tools are excellent pieces of software, neither had the flexibility nor advanced capabilities that we were really looking for. Thus greenpois0n was born.

While we do have a GUI designed to allow users to perform a simple jailbreaking, the true power is hidden away in our advanced exploit payload. Once injected into iBoot, greenpois0n inserts many new and powerful commands allowing you to do everything from accessing the AES engine to decrypt firmware keys, hook and call into existing iBoot functions, read and write to blockdevices, including the filesystem (although filesystem is read only right now), and even set breakpoints within iBoot to dump registers and stack information during runtime.

So what about the exploit I mentioned in the last post? It's still there, and turns out it's the exact same exploit Geohot demonstrated in his iPod Touch 3g video a few weeks ago, but since that time, there have been quite a few new developments. By now, I'm sure everyone has seen or heard about the userland “spirit” exploit demonstrated by Comex, and which was used to jailbreak the first iPad. This exploit is by far one of the most impressive pieces of work I think this community has seen in quite some time. The only problem with this method of jailbreaking is it can be easily patched by Apple in the next firmware update. Also, since the exploit being used resides in userland, you're denied access to many of the low level hardware features, including the ability to decrypt firmware keys. iBoot exploits, on the other hand, are much lower level and offer much more freedom to interact directly with the system unrestricted. With the exploit being so much more powerful, we've decided it would be wiser to release the “spirit” exploit first and hold onto the iBoot exploit until the next hardware revision.

Soon after this decision, I quickly set to work porting “spirit” to run on Linux and adding these capabilities into greenpois0n. At the same time, Comex, a number of members from iPhone Dev Team, and Chronic-Dev Team helped by fixing many possible snags and getting Cydia prepared to run on the iPad. It was truly an epic display of cooperation by everyone involved. Everything was progressing smoothly until yesterday. The boy-wonder Geohot threw a wrench in our gears once again after discovering a NEW exploit that pretty much blows everything we've got out of the water. So now we're forced to reconsider our release plans once again. As of today (I can't speak for tomorrow, for all I know everything could change again), both the original exploit I posted about earlier and the new “spirit” exploit are probably going to be held off for a little bit longer to avoid being patched by Apple. Also, today I mentioned on my twitter that I can almost guarantee an exploit for 3.1.3/3.2 (all devices, and all models!) before the end of the month. I would strongly advise everyone to keep a close eye on Geohot's blog for updates in the near future. And if you haven't already, PLEASE backup your SHSHs with either firmware umbrella or using Saurik method.

[Source]: ChronicDevTeam, POSIXNINJA, iPhone Dev Team, Comex, entertheninja: Complications
    Last edited by Real_Iphonecrazy; 2010-04-11 at 11:25 PM.

dont listen to that. its still going to be a jb release b4 the end of the month..

ipad 3g = 3.1.3. jb

If a 4.0 jailbreak it released, it's going to be a private beta for test bugs. A public release will most likely be shortly after the public 4.0.

Also, SB did say previously that this wasn't going to burn any new exploits so I can't see any reason why any of the above should hold back JBing the betas - If the exploit he's using is already in the wild then it doesn't matter.

^because apple will patch it and then force one of the new ones out

Page 61 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast