Page 59 of 154 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 3080

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 4.0 Beta All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Even if SB releases a jailbroken firmware, its not going to work on new bootrom 3gs's as they cant accept custom firmware. New 3gs users will need a prog to jailbreak.

That's true, but it's a start at least

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

Dsanchez you can get your keys on file even though you are stock. Look up fwumbrella

No I didn't. Tried to find them out for rootfs, but failed.He only found them for iPhone 3GS and 3G, no iPod Touch. Tried them and they work. Link?

About all the issues with multitasking using up memory...Our 4.0 firmware is trying to do something that the apps don't know about yet, so it's not working in it's final state, hence "beta". There's no way that clicking the home button to exit an app should produce a save state in the multitasking dock. If you open and close 20 apps right now, you will have 20 saved apps in that dock, which is screwing us. Once the apps are built for multitasking, it should behave much differenly.

On the other hand, I don't put it past Apple to do this on purpose in order to make our phones complete slugs and forcing every 3GS owner to want new hardware. What they don't realize is that we all will want the new hardware regardless!

^ " regardless " !!! oh yes we all do!!!

@katmeef so if I do that then I would have to set a local restore server on my computer right?

any more news SB?

My iPhone is a Part of Me 24trepid's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks like 4.0 is giving them trouble.

no, its already jailbroken, just a matter of releasing it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm tryin to get a buddy of mine on 4.0 but he doesn't have the funds to pay for a UDID at the moment. Anyone have any free spots? Again, it's not for me, Strivelli helped me out for mine.

I noticed the whole multitasking not really working last night. I had an app open the switched to my mail and then went back to that app and it was like it was opening all over again. However the stock apps work fine but thats about it. Oh and for those who dont know restarting the phone doesnt clear out the "backgrounded" apps. you still have to delete them by hand. Oh well. I think i'll stick with my 3GS for now; Unless the new hardware is absolutely amazing . Otherwise i think i might have to upgrade to a HTC or something.

The developers of the programs that are out now have to redo the programs to include the new API's that the iphone needs to do the multitasking. They are missing now so no old programs will multitask correctly. That's why the original ones included with 4.0 works. Give them a little time and they will probably have an update for you to get that will include it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone gsmumbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Again, it savestates the apps so you are opening them all over again, but they open to where you left off. The app switcher is just that, fast app switching. Clearing them out of there doesn't shut down the multitasking, just clears the switcher so it's not so cluttered.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chronzz View Post
    ok guys the next 5 UDID's posted here get a free spot. only 5 and post it like

@chronzz hsfsd9fsdfisdif34kfsdkjfklv

that is all you need no pm's
    You don't happen to know anyone who's giving away free dev spots still, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by gsmumbo View Post
    Again, it savestates the apps so you are opening them all over again, but they open to where you left off. The app switcher is just that, fast app switching. Clearing them out of there doesn't shut down the multitasking, just clears the switcher so it's not so cluttered.
    It'd just be nice if you can drag and drop the icons out of the tray, rather than hold em for a few seconds till the (-) icon appears...
    Last edited by ZudeoG80; 2010-04-11 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Crap! I fell asleep But there was no news so no loss.

Thanks

Is this still available how does one go about getting 4.0 & the JB Im on 3.1.3 grrrrr

Please & Thank You =)

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cid6.7 View Post
    Is this still available how does one go about getting 4.0 & the JB Im on 3.1.3 grrrrr

Please & Thank You =)
    FYI, there is no JB for 4.0 yet. I would recommend staying on whatever OS you have right now...unless you are dying to try an EARLY (and somewhat buggy) beta of 4.0.

If you really want 4.0 b1 (and no JB), you need to get your UDID registered with a dev account from Apple. Some others here may be able to help you out on that. I cannot.

Good luck!
    kwickone I.T.H.

Thanks

Ahh alrighty then thanks I'll stick with 3.1.3 if theres no jb..

hourly update time :P where you at SB

Page 59 of 154 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast