Page 39 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 4.0 Beta All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

thanks geo411, but im not sure how to do that.
    here is me trying to make more sense:

what im trying to get across is, once im running a jb os4 with proswitcher even though im ignoring appl's default multitask and not using it, it will still be backgrounding things.. i have system monitor running on os4 and even though im not truly backgrounding non-default apps they are still hogging a ton of memory. I was down to 30mb of free ram after checking my email,modmyi, and playing doodle jump until i manually closed each one.

Correct me if i am wrong, but if you disable multitask, it will stop backgrounding (which to be honest isnt true backgrounding) therefore no memory usage. its disabled on the 3g's and they arent hogging memory

3. The Following User Says Thank You to D.L33T For This Useful Post:

dr0herb (2010-04-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by D.L33T View Post
    Correct me if i am wrong, but if you disable multitask, it will stop backgrounding (which to be honest isnt true backgrounding) therefore no memory usage. its disabled on the 3g's and they arent hogging memory
    Sounds right to me. I only hope that Stealthbravo disables it in the custom firmware beta 4..after all, right now its pretty much useless and only a memory hog.

hey guys if you still need a dev to register ya pm me...ill be offline but will get to them when i get back. Thanks

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ramguerra For This Useful Post:

dromines (2010-04-10), ritetoplay (2010-04-10)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Who ordered all this ice cream and cake? Is there a party?

iPhone? More like MyPhone gsmumbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gsmumbo View Post
    For the record, holding down the icon in the app switcher and clicking the minus doesn't quit an app. Multitasking works using savestates. It quits the app, and the app completely quits but a save state is created of exactly how it is when you quit. If there is a multitasking service being used it keeps running of course. When you go back in to the app it loads that save state and you are right back in the action. When you hold down the icon and click minus in the app switcher it removes it off of the switcher, but it doesn't erase the save state. It is strictly for cleaning up the app switcher.
    Reposting this for those of you worried about multitasking. Having it enabled does not eat up memory or battery. It savestates so there would be no logical reason to get rid of it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gsmumbo View Post
    Reposting this for those of you worried about multitasking. Having it enabled does not eat up memory or battery. It savestates so there would be no logical reason to get rid of it.
    but im running system monitor and watched it go from 30mb free to over 100mb free after closing things out of the app switcher?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Perhaps they need to watch the keynote speech to lean more about the awesomeness of Multitasking.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Perhaps they need to watch the keynote speech to lean more about the awesomeness of Multitasking.
    once os4 is released and apps have updated, yes the multitask will operate as gsmumbo stated.
    Last edited by dr0herb; 2010-04-10 at 03:02 AM. Reason: grammar

My iPhone is a Part of Me Zehlek's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks again Stealth for the register?

So i herd there was a jailbreak going on here....

Stealth what day of the weekend will the jailbreak release ?

Finally I'll be able to use video ringtones again. Thanks again stealth.

yoyo finally got my iphone updated to OS 4.0. Man i tell u..bug free and the update is sweet...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sirius389's Avatar
    Thanks

regarding the music library sorting from earlier, when i downloaded a song off of the mobile iTunes that song was sorted properly, but when I transferred the purchase to my computer and my phone synced everything was listed under 123 again. hopefully this will get fixed, it is not a really big deal but still kind of annoying
    -Nicole

My iPhone is a Part of Me Zehlek's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BxBrotha718 View Post
    yoyo finally got my iphone updated to OS 4.0. Man i tell u..bug free and the update is sweet...
    Did you do it with Windows?

Just got 4.0 using best buys iMac. Went smooth although a manager gave me the stink eye.

Thanks

Has anyone noticed a lot of AppStore Apps don't work? I have MLB At Bat and it keeps crashing. Does anyone else have this problem?

Since its custom firmware I assume 3gs owners are out of luck again?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ugh, this is been such a PITA for me. I paypal'd some guy $10 to get me in, (and im not even sure if he didn't screw me over) then got the Error 13 message in windows... downloaded 3 vmware images of leopard.. none worked (so far). Now updating the final version (of Leopard) to the current version. This has been going on for 2 days now. Absolutely rediculous. Installing 3.0 beta was so easy... ahh I miss the old days. WTF. Kernel Panic. lol aaah damn. Either way, long story long, I hope you get this working StealthBravo. My UDID is 5843efb3bef929d20e98bd08ce900fa1e1aac43e -- can anyone check to see if he screwed me over? Thanks in Advance.

Well, lol CPU just disabled itself in VMWare in the middle of a Combined Update or w/e :P Either way, It's just my luck :P
    Last edited by ZudeoG80; 2010-04-10 at 04:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by ZudeoG80 View Post
    Ugh, this is been such a PITA for me. I paypal'd some guy $10 to get me in, (and im not even sure if he didn't screw me over) then got the Error 13 message in windows... downloaded 3 vmware images of leopard.. none worked (so far). Now updating the final version (of Leopard) to the current version. This has been going on for 2 days now. Absolutely rediculous. Installing 3.0 beta was so easy... ahh I miss the old days. WTF. Kernel Panic. lol aaah damn. Either way, long story long, I hope you get this working StealthBravo. My UDID is 5843efb3bef929d20e98bd08ce900fa1e1aac43e -- can anyone check to see if he screwed me over? Thanks in Advance.

Well, lol CPU just disabled itself in VMWare in the middle of a Combined Update or w/e :P Either way, It's just my luck :P
    brah tell me if you get this ish figured out for real. I feel you I m in the same situation

Page 39 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast