Page 30 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 4.0 Beta All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

So i just ruined my iphone?
    Will i never be able to load any other firmware? It really sux that u arent able to go back to 3.1.3. Im very worried right now.

iPhone? More like MyPhone gsmumbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Any jailbreak news Stealth? Just saw that video MuscleNerd put up on twitter. Looks promising but his tweet itself doesn't

Ok. I'm running 4.0 and I'm having reception and Internet problem. Has anybody been able to get the Internet to work? I tried using the settings from peaceful insanity and it's not working.

To downgrade sign up for a free apple dev account so you can get the SDK. Then go into Xcode, click the window tab and open organizer. Then select the firmware you want to restore to.

i had receptin problems too when i just laded it, but after i reastored from backup i didn't have them no more, everything is fine ("signal-wise")

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Downgrading might not be that easy. Last year when 3.0 was released it updated the baseband in a way that even if you could downgrade the firmware, the baseband was not compatible with 2.2.1. They may have done the same thing this year so before everyone jumps to upgrade to an extremely buggy BETA firmware lets make sure it's not a permanent upgrade. The last thing we need is a bunch of babies complaining they want their 3.1.2 jailbroken iPhone back b/c the BETA sucks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Zehlek's Avatar
    Thanks

I am attending the party fo sho

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger92 View Post
    To downgrade sign up for a free apple dev account so you can get the SDK. Then go into Xcode, click the window tab and open organizer. Then select the firmware you want to restore to.
    o rly???
    have you done it? or is this a theory?

@poseidon
    thts not entirely sure. I was able 2 downgrade and jb my iPhone 3g after using the 3.0 betas..

Thanks

Can somebody please try a downgrade from 4 to 3.1.3 using the sdk? im on the move so i cant try, buy im very curious to know if it will work.

Anyone on windows machines is better off
    to just wait it out. So far pc's haven't been able to upgrade. It's also been reported that this beta is really buggy. So save yourself the headaches and just wait it out.

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dr0herb View Post
    Can somebody please try a downgrade from 4 to 3.1.3 using the sdk? im on the move so i cant try, buy im very curious to know if it will work.
    I did, the OS downgraded to 3.1.3. The BB failed to downgrade of course, but my phone is still online with my carrier (Bell) and 3G works with the mismatched versions.
    Putting back 4.0 now I don't care if there are a few bugs, this is the closest I can get to having a jailbroken phone with this new 3GS of mine.

*edit* I didn't test making a phone call while at 3.1.3; however, I had full bars and indicated my carrier name where it is expected. I did confirm that safari had network connectivity through 3g.

*edit2* forgot to mention the phone stuck in restore mode after I put it back to 3.1.3 in xcode, I kicked it past with blackrain than connected to itunes to activate as normal
    Last edited by katmeef; 2010-04-09 at 06:18 PM. Reason: clairification

Thanks

Thanks for the info. I just wanted to know that its possible. Personally i like os4 and i dont think its very buggy. Sure there are a few little things ie: every program gets cached sort of in the background and it uses memory. But i missed by jb so this is the best i have until new jb is released. Thanks again for the info.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Just spent ages put all my apps into nice folder. THen did a sync with itunes and it got rid of all the folders!!!. Does it do this with anyone else?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ceorgf View Post
    @poseidon
    thts not entirely sure. I was able 2 downgrade and jb my iPhone 3g after using the 3.0 betas..
    You're right. I got it backwards. The 2.2.1 baseband is the one that wouldn't talk to 3.0 so people couldn't use pwnage to upgrade and keep their unlock.

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree, this is very clean for a beta release. just a few little things here and there so far, i just noticed that opening pdf or xls attachments from an email is slow. but a huge improvement from my stock 3.1.3 3GS

I just returned to a jailbroken 3.1.3 after many failed attempts in windows and OS X virtual machine. I need my phone fully functional for a weekend trip. Hopefully there will be a solution when I get back or I can use someone's Mac.

iPhone? More like MyPhone xfsasx's Avatar
    Thanks

I have had only a couple glitches, mostly with photo app, battery is draining faster but not concerning...I love the new firmware and been trying to find new features. So far I found:

1: Bluetooth audio volume can be adjusted on the phone now

2: Photos can be rotated in Photo App

iPhone? More like MyPhone gsmumbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah I was going to say, this is the second time I have heard this called a very buggy beta, but it's running better for me than 3.x did

I made the retarded mistake of forgetting to backup on my iMac, and it's not playing nice with windows at all...which is where my 3.1.2 backup is. oops! Make sure you back up before you start the restore!

Page 30 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast