Page 29 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 4.0 Beta All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

Thanks z3r that worked!

I can't seem to change the homescreen wallpaper on my 3g? Does that only work on 3GS?

I thought i read that 3g couldn't do wallpaper home screens but i might be wrong.
    Then benm tethering crack doesn't work. I get a message safari could not install a profile due to an unknown error.

I have tethering working. Restored from a backup!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sirius389's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 24trepid View Post
    Would it work on a Powerbook G4, running OSX 10.5 ??
    Good morning everyone!

I have an iBook G4 running OSX 10.5.8 and it worked

Don't think you should have any trouble with that
    -Nicole

Tobias....What ipcc file are you using?

Wallpaper switching works but only when performed throught the Settings->Wallpaper option. Attempting through the Photos.app will not work.

Quote Originally Posted by tobiastimpe View Post
    I have tethering working. Restored from a backup!
    mine showed tethering too.. until I tried to connect.

The new FW should only be run by developers and the minimum spec for the SDK is:

* Mac OS X 10.5.7 or later
    * Intel processor

so I guess the answer is no.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

ahhh well back to 3.1.3

I used the T-Mobile Germany ipcc file from Benm.at but I didn't apply it after the update. I had tethering working on 3.1.3 and I restored from backup.

Ok, im in. All went ok on my bros iMac

@StealthBravo any ETA for jb??? I hate having to deal with the stupid popups in the middle of the screen

So for those who do have 4.0 successfully running, have you ran into any problems yet?

@SteahltBravo: How to decrypt the dmg (in the ipsw)?

Quote Originally Posted by ares07 View Post
    Ok, im in. All went ok on my bros iMac
    I did the same, and then i restored my phone with back up which was on my windows. However now when i try to create new backup on windows it doesnt work, i can sync phone music and all but i cant get a backup...:/ jobs is forcing people to get mac, and they are not coming out with new macbook which i am waiting for about a year ever since iX processor have emerged, LAME!

hopefully they will work this stuff out in beta 2. This is rediculous
    13" 2.9 GHz i7 MacBook Pro OSX Mountain Lion | 32gb iPhone 4S iOS 5.1.1 JB

what is the dmg file for? and how do you get one? do i need this to restore on a mac?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper366 View Post
    Ha! I spent two hours last night trying to get this to work on windows and THEN I checked this thread. oops. I'll report back today, I have a mac at work and I'm going to try upgrading to 4.0 and then downgrading back to 3.1.2 using Saurik's signature server.

If anyone has DOWNGRADED successfully, or tried without success, please let us know!
    Ummmm tired.. giant fail, none of my pics show up my contacts are half missing and misplaced i.e. wrong pics to name and such, tried to downgrade to 3.1.3 on both a mac and windows and get error 1015

anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by nil911 View Post
    I did the same, and then i restored my phone with back up which was on my windows. However now when i try to create new backup on windows it doesnt work, i can sync phone music and all but i cant get a backup...:/ jobs is forcing people to get mac, and they are not coming out with new macbook which i am waiting for about a year ever since iX processor have emerged, LAME!
    That is not because of windows, but because of itunes...a new beta version for itunes should be coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by D.L33T View Post
    what is the dmg file for? and how do you get one? do i need this to restore on a mac?
    dmg is similar to exe file which holds ipsw file, you can only use dmg on mac. this beta 1 ipsw seem to only function on mac, and to get dmg file either browse in google or become apple's developer by paying.

Page 29 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast