Page 153 of 154 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154 LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 3080

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Firmware 4.0 Beta All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

  1. #3041
    For some of us, it represents work and revenue, in which case I'd say there is a need. If you don't keep your applications that you've sold to people, and applications that you're planning to sell to people compatible, that's a loss of both current and future business.

    Yes, the world existed before smartphones, but they're here now and to some of us they represent part of our jobs. The world existed before many things, but ignoring those things exist now isn't really a smart idea.

  2. #3042
    Quote Originally Posted by madon View Post
    For some of us, it represents work and revenue, in which case I'd say there is a need. If you don't keep your applications that you've sold to people, and applications that you're planning to sell to people compatible, that's a loss of both current and future business.
    Correction, you'd *like* early access because it makes good business sense.

  3. #3043
    I'd like it, because it's part of what you sign up and pay Apple yearly developer subscriptions for actually, for the exact reasons above - It's bad for Apple if non of the apps are tested and work when the OS goes public, and bad for everyone else who upgrades and then has no working apps. Believe it or not, I actually give a damn about if things I've previously sold to clients carry on working.

    Apple need the smoothest launch they can of their OS if they want to compete with their rivals, like any company in their position, and for that, developers need to be able to test against it and make the appropriate updates. The OS with nothing else but the core apps may as well still be one of the 1.x series, because it's very much the application related features on which the iPhone has been built since the release of 2.0, so if you were to take away the lead time on the OS release, of around a month and a half (roughly) you then end up with a situation where there's an OS out with a ton of broken apps for probably that long post launch - that means anyone restoring either of the newest models is screwed since the new device will ship with 4.0, and the 3GS will be forced onto it by the the SHSH hashes no longer being signed.

    Anyone who can even think that creating that situation is in any way acceptable to users needs their head examining, so yes, there is a definite need for developers to be able to keep everything working on the new OS, because the iPhone business model pretty much depends on it - the majority of the new features are, in fact, useless without apps being ready to make use of them.

    From your posts however I can tell that you don't need anything to work when you upgrade, you're quite happy if things are broken

  4. #3044
    Quote Originally Posted by madon View Post
    BUG APOCOLYPSE!
    The overwhelming majority of 3.0 SDK apps work just fine on iOS4, almost as if it was intended to be backwards compatable!

    What app are you the dev for anyway?

  5. #3045
    You say this, but various APIs are deprecated in the current SDK, and without testing time and prior awareness of this, I'll bet you that a lot more apps wouldn't work as intended. Have you actually read the sheer number of SDK changes? Do you simply prefer we all just sit around on our backsides and HOPE that things will work come launch day? Or would you rather have apps which are tested so that the majority of them do still work?

    It's this foreknowledge that lets us prepare in advance - even though you could only submit against the GM SDK from the 10th, you were still able to update your app to avoid using the deprecated APIs well in advance, as well as the fact that (as I already said) non the apps would be even remotely ready for any of the features which make iOS4 into a worthwhile update.

    The vast majority of my work is based on apps distributed for an enterprise purpose, ie internal line of business applications for various companies. So let me ask you now, what do you do?

    Tell me, would you rather have the actual use of the new features of your software or phone when you get it, or do you want to upgrade then sit around and wait for however long while the software developers catch up?
    Last edited by madon; 2010-06-19 at 03:20 AM.

  6. #3046
    That's a long app name, wait, what?

  7. #3047
    Dead thread now =(

    Week of truth guys!

  8. #3048
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Iowa Park, Texas, United States
    Posts
    462
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 29 Times in 28 Posts

    is there one for windows yet? i have downloaded several things nad nothing has worked yet.... i liked the one click jailbreak stuff..... but even if i cant do it that way, i still want the jailbreak

  9. #3049
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    iPhone 3G iOS4 carrier bundles are now fully signed, so no possible to modify

    strange behav:

    before JB, while changing SIM card carrier data, all of them work properly with different carriers and I have data/MMS on all of them

    after JB with redsn0w, SIM card inserted during JB is the only one working with correct carrier data, any other SIM inserted takes configuration of that used during JB process

    Not simple to explain, but any work around available to solve this issue?

  10. #3050
    iPhone? More like MyPhone reaves205's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    109
    Thanks
    530
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Great Job!!
    Is there anything(JB) out for the 3Gs 0n 3.2, old boot??

  11. #3051
    Default Has anyone used RedSn0w 0.9.5 yet?
    If so, were you able to jailbreak with no issues?

    Thanks..

    Mike
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-07-07 at 04:29 AM.

  12. #3052
    What's Jailbreak? snowdrop2571's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Norwich, England
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    will the new spirit jailbreak work the same way as it did on os3.1.3 i miss all my free apps

  13. #3053
    Com'on guys i thought we were going for 9000 posts and the iPhone 4 jailbreak hasn't even been released yet...

    I thought we'd at least have another 1000 askin for eta.




    This is sarcasm for those who missed it!!!

  14. #3054
    that's because there is not a beta firmware anymore.

  15. #3055
    Cant decide what to do. Stay on 3.1.3 or upgrade to 4.01 and jail break? Decsisions decisions. Anyone had any trouble with this??? I mean, should I wait or just throw caution to the wind and use this?? Thanks guys

  16. #3056
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCol View Post
    Cant decide what to do. Stay on 3.1.3 or upgrade to 4.01 and jail break? Decsisions decisions. Anyone had any trouble with this??? I mean, should I wait or just throw caution to the wind and use this?? Thanks guys
    I went from 3.1.3 jailbreak to 4.0.1 jailbreak and if I could go back I would. I do not like Apple's multitasking at all. Backgrounder + Kirikae was SOOOO much better. Hopefully there is a way to disable Apple's poor implementation and enable Kirikae.

  17. #3057
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCol View Post
    Cant decide what to do. Stay on 3.1.3 or upgrade to 4.01 and jail break? Decsisions decisions. Anyone had any trouble with this??? I mean, should I wait or just throw caution to the wind and use this?? Thanks guys
    Wait -- 4.0 and 4.0.1 are very buggy.

  18. #3058
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    i got bored already of mine 3g with 4.0OS and multitasking - you always have to monitor apps to kill and it drains battery faster....

    so need new iphone or i will go to 3.1.3

  19. #3059
    Quote Originally Posted by robor007 View Post
    I went from 3.1.3 jailbreak to 4.0.1 jailbreak and if I could go back I would. I do not like Apple's multitasking at all. Backgrounder + Kirikae was SOOOO much better. Hopefully there is a way to disable Apple's poor implementation and enable Kirikae.
    How easy would it be for you to downgrade back to 3.1.3? Ive not messed around with my iphone other than to jailbreak and unlock it. Also installed a few apps.

  20. #3060
    Quote Originally Posted by TSMWIN85 View Post
    Wait -- 4.0 and 4.0.1 are very buggy.
    Don't wait, 4.0 and 4.0.1 aren't buggy at all

Page 153 of 154 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •