Page 153 of 154 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154 LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 3080

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 4.0 Beta All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

For some of us, it represents work and revenue, in which case I'd say there is a need. If you don't keep your applications that you've sold to people, and applications that you're planning to sell to people compatible, that's a loss of both current and future business.

Yes, the world existed before smartphones, but they're here now and to some of us they represent part of our jobs. The world existed before many things, but ignoring those things exist now isn't really a smart idea.

Quote Originally Posted by madon View Post
    For some of us, it represents work and revenue, in which case I'd say there is a need. If you don't keep your applications that you've sold to people, and applications that you're planning to sell to people compatible, that's a loss of both current and future business.
    Correction, you'd *like* early access because it makes good business sense.

I'd like it, because it's part of what you sign up and pay Apple yearly developer subscriptions for actually, for the exact reasons above - It's bad for Apple if non of the apps are tested and work when the OS goes public, and bad for everyone else who upgrades and then has no working apps. Believe it or not, I actually give a damn about if things I've previously sold to clients carry on working.

Apple need the smoothest launch they can of their OS if they want to compete with their rivals, like any company in their position, and for that, developers need to be able to test against it and make the appropriate updates. The OS with nothing else but the core apps may as well still be one of the 1.x series, because it's very much the application related features on which the iPhone has been built since the release of 2.0, so if you were to take away the lead time on the OS release, of around a month and a half (roughly) you then end up with a situation where there's an OS out with a ton of broken apps for probably that long post launch - that means anyone restoring either of the newest models is screwed since the new device will ship with 4.0, and the 3GS will be forced onto it by the the SHSH hashes no longer being signed.

Anyone who can even think that creating that situation is in any way acceptable to users needs their head examining, so yes, there is a definite need for developers to be able to keep everything working on the new OS, because the iPhone business model pretty much depends on it - the majority of the new features are, in fact, useless without apps being ready to make use of them.

From your posts however I can tell that you don't need anything to work when you upgrade, you're quite happy if things are broken

Quote Originally Posted by madon View Post
    BUG APOCOLYPSE!
    The overwhelming majority of 3.0 SDK apps work just fine on iOS4, almost as if it was intended to be backwards compatable!

What app are you the dev for anyway?

You say this, but various APIs are deprecated in the current SDK, and without testing time and prior awareness of this, I'll bet you that a lot more apps wouldn't work as intended. Have you actually read the sheer number of SDK changes? Do you simply prefer we all just sit around on our backsides and HOPE that things will work come launch day? Or would you rather have apps which are tested so that the majority of them do still work?

It's this foreknowledge that lets us prepare in advance - even though you could only submit against the GM SDK from the 10th, you were still able to update your app to avoid using the deprecated APIs well in advance, as well as the fact that (as I already said) non the apps would be even remotely ready for any of the features which make iOS4 into a worthwhile update.

The vast majority of my work is based on apps distributed for an enterprise purpose, ie internal line of business applications for various companies. So let me ask you now, what do you do?

Tell me, would you rather have the actual use of the new features of your software or phone when you get it, or do you want to upgrade then sit around and wait for however long while the software developers catch up?
    Last edited by madon; 2010-06-19 at 03:20 AM.

That's a long app name, wait, what?

Dead thread now =(

Week of truth guys!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

is there one for windows yet? i have downloaded several things nad nothing has worked yet.... i liked the one click jailbreak stuff..... but even if i cant do it that way, i still want the jailbreak

Green Apple
    Thanks

iPhone 3G iOS4 carrier bundles are now fully signed, so no possible to modify

strange behav:

before JB, while changing SIM card carrier data, all of them work properly with different carriers and I have data/MMS on all of them

after JB with redsn0w, SIM card inserted during JB is the only one working with correct carrier data, any other SIM inserted takes configuration of that used during JB process

Not simple to explain, but any work around available to solve this issue?

iPhone? More like MyPhone reaves205's Avatar
    Thanks

Great Job!!
    Is there anything(JB) out for the 3Gs 0n 3.2, old boot??

Default Has anyone used RedSn0w 0.9.5 yet?
    If so, were you able to jailbreak with no issues?

Thanks..

Mike
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-07-07 at 04:29 AM.

Thanks
    will the new spirit jailbreak work the same way as it did on os3.1.3 i miss all my free apps

Com'on guys i thought we were going for 9000 posts and the iPhone 4 jailbreak hasn't even been released yet...

I thought we'd at least have another 1000 askin for eta.

This is sarcasm for those who missed it!!!

that's because there is not a beta firmware anymore.

Cant decide what to do. Stay on 3.1.3 or upgrade to 4.01 and jail break? Decsisions decisions. Anyone had any trouble with this??? I mean, should I wait or just throw caution to the wind and use this?? Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by BigCol View Post
    Cant decide what to do. Stay on 3.1.3 or upgrade to 4.01 and jail break? Decsisions decisions. Anyone had any trouble with this??? I mean, should I wait or just throw caution to the wind and use this?? Thanks guys
    I went from 3.1.3 jailbreak to 4.0.1 jailbreak and if I could go back I would. I do not like Apple's multitasking at all. Backgrounder + Kirikae was SOOOO much better. Hopefully there is a way to disable Apple's poor implementation and enable Kirikae.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCol View Post
    Wait -- 4.0 and 4.0.1 are very buggy.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i got bored already of mine 3g with 4.0OS and multitasking - you always have to monitor apps to kill and it drains battery faster....

so need new iphone or i will go to 3.1.3

Quote Originally Posted by robor007 View Post
    I went from 3.1.3 jailbreak to 4.0.1 jailbreak and if I could go back I would. I do not like Apple's multitasking at all. Backgrounder + Kirikae was SOOOO much better. Hopefully there is a way to disable Apple's poor implementation and enable Kirikae.
    How easy would it be for you to downgrade back to 3.1.3? Ive not messed around with my iphone other than to jailbreak and unlock it. Also installed a few apps.

Quote Originally Posted by TSMWIN85 View Post
    Wait -- 4.0 and 4.0.1 are very buggy.
    Don't wait, 4.0 and 4.0.1 aren't buggy at all

Page 153 of 154 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154 LastLast