Page 150 of 154 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 3,000 of 3080

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 4.0 Beta All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

iPhone? More like MyPhone gsmumbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper366 View Post
    Is it possible that this has something to do with the method of Jailbreaking? I was on 3.1.2 Redsn0w, the upgrade to 4.0 GM worked fine except cydia coming up empty. So I went back to 3.1.3 and used Spirit. Now I am getting stuck on "Preparing iPhone for restore", I eventually get a 1604 error and have to use iReb to get it out of Recovery.
    Spirit doesn't modify iBoot, redsn0w does.

i'm having the same issue with the settings.app after editing for multitasking. iphone 3g here.

Quote Originally Posted by machoroboraza View Post
    i'm having the same issue with the settings.app after editing for multitasking. iphone 3g here.
    I only had that problem after installing Activator. The settings up would not open. As soon as I uninstalled Activator and did a restart, it worked again.

iPod Touch 2G 4.0 GM jailbreakable!!! W00000000T

redsn0w 0.9.5 B5 just google it...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Used SB's custom firmware from his website to restore a 3GS of my friends, works perfectly fine!

4.0GM jailbroken!

Cheers SB!

How many apps work on 4.GM jailbroken??

Quote Originally Posted by bennyg View Post
    Used SB's custom firmware from his website to restore a 3GS of my friends, works perfectly fine!

4.0GM jailbroken!

Cheers SB!
    What firmware WAS he on and how was it Jailbroken? Did you put the phone into DFU or Restore mode?

I'm grasping here. I keep getting stuck at "Preparing iPhone for restore" still

from 3.1.2 jailbroken with pwnagetool to 4.0GM pwnagetool with custom bundle all you need to do is put it in to restore mode (turn off phone and make sure its unplugged from computer, hold home button and plug in usb cable, hold until connect to itunes appears, option + click restore your custom made firmware with 4.0 cydia) restore as normal...wait and done!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper366 View Post
    What firmware WAS he on and how was it Jailbroken? Did you put the phone into DFU or Restore mode?

I'm grasping here. I keep getting stuck at "Preparing iPhone for restore" still
    was on 3.1.3 think it was sn0wbreezed on 3.1.2 but is on the old bootrom.

Didnt use DFU, just restored from normal mode.

On the other hand, one of my 3GS's is new bootrom and has only been JB by spirit and that gets stuck on Preparing iPhone for restore.

You need to make sure you iBoot is patched to accept custom firmware. Believe this is done whilst your on 3.1.2.

Quote Originally Posted by bennyg View Post
    was on 3.1.3 think it was sn0wbreezed on 3.1.2 but is on the old bootrom.

Didnt use DFU, just restored from normal mode.

On the other hand, one of my 3GS's is new bootrom and has only been JB by spirit and that gets stuck on Preparing iPhone for restore.

You need to make sure you iBoot is patched to accept custom firmware. Believe this is done whilst your on 3.1.2.
    I just got a refurb under warranty and my serial and model lead me to believe I had lucked out and gotten an old model. I did, but the bootrom is updated to 359.3.2. Damnit.
    Last edited by Sniper366; 2010-06-10 at 06:21 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanvh View Post
    I only had that problem after installing Activator. The settings up would not open. As soon as I uninstalled Activator and did a restart, it worked again.
    Looks like that was the issue- uninstalled Activator and the Settings app is back to normal. Now just to figure out how to get iFile working...

My Settings app is crashing too. I don't have activator installed but I did change the Checkpoint.xml file to sync to 9.1. I will have to change it back and see if that is the problem.

Changing the checkpoint.xml file back didn't fix my Settings app from crashing. Uninstalling CyDelete seems to have done the trick.
    Last edited by fattylumpkin; 2010-06-10 at 08:56 PM. Reason: answer

any cydia app that places an app settings menu in the "settings app" will cause the settings app to crash from my findings

Lol i'm just going to wait a few weeks. I like having a functional phone.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PWNsyst3m For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (2010-06-22)

Quote Originally Posted by fattylumpkin View Post
    My Settings app is crashing too. I don't have activator installed but I did change the Checkpoint.xml file to sync to 9.1. I will have to change it back and see if that is the problem.

Changing the checkpoint.xml file back didn't fix my Settings app from crashing. Uninstalling CyDelete seems to have done the trick.
    From my experiences with the Settings app crashing, I can tell you this; PreferenceLoader is responsible, at least indirectly. It seems having PreferenceLoader installed does not cause any issues, but having ANY app that uses PreferenceLoader installed will cause the crash. Adding to that, it seems (at least for me) that the crashing only occurs when the Settings app resumes from a save-state. That is, if you open it once it's fine, but closing it and opening it again will cause it to crash. Then opening it a third time (thus starting a new instance of it) will be fine, and the fourth time it will crash and so on like that.

In short, the PreferenceLoader dev needs to fix save-state compatibility with 4.0 and many other devs need to fix their PreferenceLoader plug-ins (some seem to work, but others don't, and some that work have weird display issues).

I'm thinking this may work for any old bootrom 3gs if you change the checkpoint file to point to itunes 8.2?
    how did you change the checkpoint xml file?

PreferenceLoader has been updated and is no longer crashing the Settings app.

Also, is anyone else having an issue on jailbroken 4.0 GM where Wi-Fi will turn itself off and you can't turn it back on unless you reset network settings? This happened to me on jailbroken Beta 4, then went away when I restored to the jailbroken GM and now it has started happening again.
    Last edited by Untaken; 2010-06-11 at 11:16 PM.

I was having issues with MMS and my jailbroken 4.0, in the process of fixing it I loaded the normal 4.0 ipsw, now when I try to reload the j/b 4.0 firmware I get error 1600. Is there any way around this?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

4.0 is pissing me off

Quote Originally Posted by drivesoslow View Post
    I was having issues with MMS and my jailbroken 4.0, in the process of fixing it I loaded the normal 4.0 ipsw, now when I try to reload the j/b 4.0 firmware I get error 1600. Is there any way around this?
    I fixed it by downgrading to 3.1.2, jailbreaking it, and then loading 4.0

Page 150 of 154 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152 ... LastLast