Page 148 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,960 of 3080

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 4.0 Beta All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

So can we with windows install without problems?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sirius389's Avatar
    Thanks

No. In order to install the 4.0 GM you need iTunes 9.2 which is a beta version only for macs rights now

any word on a working jb for the 4 beta?

I have a valid developer id but my iPhone 3G is jailbroken and unlocked.
    Can I upgrade to iOS 4.0 Gold master ( given on apple site) and still remain unlocked?
    Does apple allow registered developers to test on jailbroken devices?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brianlg View Post
    any word on a working jb for the 4 beta?
    There is a working jailbreak bundle for the 3GS GM

It still has the limited apps as the last jailbreak tho. I dont have any public release information yet.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    There is a working jailbreak bundle for the 3GS GM

It still has the limited apps as the last jailbreak tho. I dont have any public release information yet.
    Will this work on the 3GS with new bootrom?

Thanks

Its on my site and here: 3GS GM Jailbreak Bundle

Remember this is a bundle and must be placed inside pwnagetool. Do not upload prebuilt pwnagetools because MuscleNerd has asked me not to let them be posted.

In Finder, select on pwnagetool and show contents

Navigate to Contents>Resources>Firmware Bundles

Place the GM Jailbreak Bundle in the Firmware Bundles folder

The cydia that is currently in pwnagetool does not work for 4.0. The easiest way to get it working is to download the redsn0w jailbreak for beta 4 and extract cydia from there and put it into your custom pwnagetool.

Good Luck!

Thanks @ msft.guy
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 2010-06-08 at 04:41 PM.

Remember this is a bundle and must be placed inside pwnagetool. Do not upload prebuilt pwnagetools because MuscleNerd has asked me not to let them be posted.

The cydia that is currently in pwnagetool does not work for 4.0. The easiest way to get it working is to download the redsn0w jailbreak for beta 4 and extract cydia from there and put it into your custom pwnagetool.

Good Luck!

Thanks @ msft.guy
    So will this let us update the 3GS without updating the baseband? I'm currently on 05.11.07 and I need to keep it there so I can stay unlocked!

Good Luck!

Thanks @ msft.guy
    Any word on a 3G bundle? Gonna hold off installing until it's available (if it'll be any time soon)

When I get to the "Connect Device to USB" screen, it's not seeing the iPhone 3GS. Something I did wrong?

Hey Stealth, any idea what file in 4.0 GM would be controlling which iTunes version it'll sync with? I'm working on getting Windows syncing working on iTunes 9.1, but I'm at work at the moment and can't really experiment. I have tried patching iTunes to appear as 9.2, which seems like it would work but the iPhone still sees it as a non-9.2 version.

Thanks

I have never looked into it to be honest

Hey guys, not sure if anyone noticed this yet, but if you double click the home button in 4.0 to activate the backgrounding menu, then scroll to the LEFT, you get this little menu: iPod controls, iPod app link, and a toggle for Orientation lock. pretty sweet!

iPhone? More like MyPhone picassolsus's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bennyg View Post
    Think I might have missed the response to this question- is the bundle working on 3GS with new bootrom?

Think I found the answer elsewhere....guess new 3GS bootrom can't handle custom IPSW's.
    Last edited by picassolsus; 2010-06-08 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 3GS 16GB 3.0fw White + Jailbroken

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rounder's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper366 View Post
    Hey guys, not sure if anyone noticed this yet, but if you double click the home button in 4.0 to activate the backgrounding menu, then scroll to the LEFT, you get this little menu: iPod controls, iPod app link, and a toggle for Orientation lock. pretty sweet!

You're kidding right??

That was discovered quite some time ago in like Beta 2 of iOS 4.
    My Mac:  iMac 21.6" 2.5GHz Quad-Core i5, 4GB RAM, 500GB, AMD 512MB Video (10.6.6)

iOS Devices: iPhone 4 32GB (4.3.2 JB) | iPad 2 16GB (4.3.2) | Apple TV 2G (4.3 JB)

MobileMe User

Quote Originally Posted by Rounder View Post
    You're kidding right??

That was discovered quite some time ago in like Beta 2 of iOS 4.
    lol. That was very n00b of me. I stopped using 4.0 between beta 1 and GM.

Stealth, I followed the guide you posted on twitter to restore to 4.0GM, and when I open Cydia there are no sources and it errors out if I try to add one. Does anyone know of a fix or am I screwed and forced to try again?

Quote Originally Posted by bennyg View Post
    I don't think so, those ones can't restore custom firmwares through iTunes, you have to wait for new version of Spirit

Okay, I think I may have found the solution to syncing on a Windows machine with iTunes 9.1. Assuming you're running a jailbroken 4.0 GM, go to System/Library/Lockdown on your iPhone and open up Checkpoint.xml. Lines 1069/1070 should look something like this:

<key>MinITunesVersion</key>
    <string>9.2</string>

Change the 9.2 to 9.1 and save it, then try syncing. I'd test it myself but I'm still stuck at work (DAMMIT!). Let me know if you have any success.

EDIT: Just confirmed that this does indeed work! I restored/activated in OS X, then made the change to Checkpoint.xml and was then able to sync with iTunes 9.1 under Windows. I hope this helps those of you like me who only use OS X to restore and have all your apps and media in Windows.
    Last edited by Untaken; 2010-06-09 at 12:44 AM.

hello i'm new at this what does 3GS GM Jailbreak Bundle do
    i copy the iphone 2,1_4.0_8a293 to Contents>Resources>Firmware Bundles in pwnagetool and now what do i do

i have a iphone 3gs ver.3.1.3 modem firmware 05.12.01

Quote Originally Posted by Untaken View Post
    Okay, I think I may have found the solution to syncing on a Windows machine with iTunes 9.1. Assuming you're running a jailbroken 4.0 GM, go to System/Library/Lockdown on your iPhone and open up Checkpoint.xml. Lines 1069/1070 should look something like this:

<key>MinITunesVersion</key>
    <string>9.2</string>

Change the 9.2 to 9.1 and save it, then try syncing. I'd test it myself but I'm still stuck at work (DAMMIT!). Let me know if you have any success.

EDIT: Just confirmed that this does indeed work! I restored/activated in OS X, then made the change to Checkpoint.xml and was then able to sync with iTunes 9.1 under Windows. I hope this helps those of you like me who only use OS X to restore and have all your apps and media in Windows.
    If I restore ios 4 firmware with windows 9.1 iTunes, can I then change this string to 9.1 will it allow me to active the phone with windows?

Page 148 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150 ... LastLast