Page 145 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,900 of 3080

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 4.0 Beta All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

Mobilesubstrate crashes when I restart, but it works after I residing... But winterboard causes it to crash the whole time. But it in itself work. And I'll redowbload mywi now...

Mywi crashes on start. But am I the only one that accidentally enabled verbose boot?
    Last edited by jmwerkus; 2010-06-01 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

verbose is part of the bundle.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    what are you using for taskbar notifications? That's a biggie that I've been missing.
    Last edited by hedsick; 2010-06-01 at 05:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Finally after a day full of struggling with why I can't get it to work, I finally realize that wifi sync is impeding the restore process. Uninstalled it and had everything up and running in 5 minutes. Stupid me. Ah well, it's fitting though, finally got 4.0 jailbroken on my 3gs 2 hours into my birthday

***Edit***
    Didn't realize my iWang was showing in the pic. Had to cover up
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0001.png  
    Last edited by mortopher; 2010-06-01 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    Finally after a day full of struggling with why I can't get it to work, I finally realize that wifi sync is impeding the restore process. Uninstalled it and had everything up and running in 5 minutes. Stupid me. Ah well, it's fitting though, finally got 4.0 jailbroken on my 3gs 2 hours into my birthday

***Edit***
    Didn't realize my iWang was showing in the pic. Had to cover up
    Grats with both
    Request: Could you please upload the mail.app and musicplayer.app in the /stash/applications folder for me? Appreciated.

you guys think there will be another beta release today?

- Iphone 3GS
    - 4.0 Beta 3 Installed

No, probably not so close to wwdc. Might be wrong though.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Glad everyone is having some success. You can post bundles but not prepackaged in pwnagetool

Quote Originally Posted by madon View Post
    No, probably not so close to wwdc. Might be wrong though.
    I'm kinda hoping for a beta 5 and and an iTunes beta or "pre release". 3.0 had 5 betas and they had an iTunes "pre release" with 3.0b4...but we will see

I've gotta ask, why exactly are you hoping for another beta at this point, unless you're a developer and experiencing a specific bug that affects you?

The iTunes part I can kind of understand, but wanting a beta 5 for no specific reason doesn't make much sense just because 3.0 had one, especially considering the stability and performance of beta 4

I'm so close to having a jailbroken phone again I can almost taste it.... I just know that once there's a general release of OS4 the geniuses on here will have a cure in no time.... I've been stuck without a jailbreak for about 6 months now (ever since I was forced to restore my phone and it went to 3.1.3.) I found out about spirit right after I installed OS4...... And with a virtual mac I won't even have to wait for a windows release anymore.... Soon simple things like custom text tones, true backgrounding,, etc... will all be at my fingertips again...

Quote Originally Posted by madon View Post
    I've gotta ask, why exactly are you hoping for another beta at this point, unless you're a developer and experiencing a specific bug that affects you?

The iTunes part I can kind of understand, but wanting a beta 5 for no specific reason doesn't make much sense just because 3.0 had one, especially considering the stability and performance of beta 4
    1st, since I don't see them releasing a GM today I would like to see if there are any changes such as the addition of rotation lock and iPod controls (for 3GS) that were added in beta 4. Also there are still some unresolved issues (at least for me) such as VPN not working. Apple changed some things in 3.0 that caused me to lose certain functions. I thought it was just a "beta thing", but it still hasn't been officially resolved as of 3.1.3. Also i'm having vpn issues with b4 that weren't present in b3 and below and i'm curious if this will be a 4.0+ problem or if it will be resolved at some point. I'm not spending another entire year with reduced functionality as I have with 3.x. Also after adding music, videos & apps, 4.0 b4 is sometimes painfully slow on a 3G. Granted, these issues can all be "beta related", but I like to see the progress (of lack there of) from one beta to the next. I will be purchasing a "G4" iPhone when released so some of these issues will be moot, but i guess it's just a "nerd" hobby of mine. There are hundreds of others who aren't developers that are checking the 4.0 betas out just for curiosity.

Still nothing

Probably won't be

If they don't release Beta 5 today I hope that they will release the official one on Monday. I would like to see what improvements they made since Beta 4.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

I doubt anything goes down. We will see GM on the 7th

Weird! My phone's 4.0 beta just expired apparently. I was using beta 1. o.O

Yes, they do that a set amount of time after release

Yea, I just thought that any beta will work up until the official release. I didn't want to keep upgrading to the new betas because I have to use VMWare, which is a super long process on my laptop. Just upgraded to beta 4 and things are going smooth again. Can't wait for the official release!

Hey guys - is there a list of working JB apps for OS 4 Beta 4?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It would be a very short list.

Page 145 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147 ... LastLast