Page 144 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,880 of 3080

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 4.0 Beta All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

I can't wait for win installation, so, can we expect gold master after veta 4, or there will be another beta?

Can anyone ie Stealth write how they got this to work?

How did you add the bundles, update Cydia deb etc

I really wanna try this but don't wanna f**k up everthing when I do

Quote Originally Posted by smeeshum View Post
    Can anyone ie Stealth write how they got this to work?

How did you add the bundles, update Cydia deb etc

I really wanna try this but don't wanna f**k up everthing when I do
    First of all u have to go bak to 3.1.2 and use either redsnow or pwnage tool, or snw0breeze to jailbreak, no spirit wont work because it doesnt patch iBoot, anyways once your done make a custom ipsw with the patched pwnage tool and then put your iPhone to recovery mode, and restore using the custom firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by Salival View Post
    I can't wait for win installation, so, can we expect gold master after veta 4, or there will be another beta?
    GM should come next, I dont think theyll release a beta before that, but who knows
    Last edited by saeedsaf; 2010-05-30 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What about a BlackRa1ned 3.1.2 iPhone 3GS?

What about a BlackRa1ned 3.1.2 iPhone 3GS?
    Nope, has to be redsnow or pwnage or snowbreeze

Is this also possible for iPod Touch 2G?

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    bro plz tell us how to do it. we have been hoping on u for so long. plz plz.

Quote Originally Posted by son geta1 View Post
    Is this also possible for iPod Touch 2G?
    no, unless u were able to get ur hands on a bundle to use in pwnage

Quote Originally Posted by dying4004 View Post
    bro plz tell us how to do it. we have been hoping on u for so long. plz plz.
    What is it that you cant get to work?
    Last edited by saeedsaf; 2010-05-30 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

FYI, it's quite pointless to jailbreak 4.0 at the moment, as nothing works and 4.0 itself is slow as balls.

[QUOTE=saeedsaf;5265612]First of all u have to go bak to 3.1.2 and use either redsnow or pwnage tool, or snw0breeze to jailbreak, no spirit wont work because it doesnt patch iBoot, anyways once your done make a custom ipsw with the patched pwnage tool and then put your iPhone to recovery mode, and restore using the custom firmware.

HOLY **** THANK YOU i have been trying to do this all freaking night! i was going back to 3.1.3 :P

Quote Originally Posted by saeedsaf View Post
    no, unless u were able to get ur hands on a bundle to use in pwnage

What is it that you cant get to work?
    did stealth bravo do it with the latest pwanagetool?? if this is so then it is only for 3gs old bootrom.

Bravo: cud u plz confirm this tht u did it with latest pwanagetool or not. cheers

uhhh my phone wont boot...it just has the apple on the screen... and a respring circle .

Does Cydia work for you?
    ohay smeeshum from xsellize haha :P

Man jailbroken 4.0 beta 4 sucks...mobilesubstrate dont work goin back to 3.1.3...

cant wait for beta 5 in two days though!
    Last edited by Ethan021; 2010-05-30 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by besweeet2 View Post
    FYI, it's quite pointless to jailbreak 4.0 at the moment, as nothing works and 4.0 itself is slow as balls.
    Some people use jailbreaking to discover the hidden features of 4.0, while others might do it to fix permissions screwed when using backups.

[quote=Ethan021;5265918]
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedsaf View Post
    First of all u have to go bak to 3.1.2 and use either redsnow or pwnage tool, or snw0breeze to jailbreak, no spirit wont work because it doesnt patch iBoot, anyways once your done make a custom ipsw with the patched pwnage tool and then put your iPhone to recovery mode, and restore using the custom firmware.

HOLY **** THANK YOU i have been trying to do this all freaking night! i was going back to 3.1.3 :P
    Glad it worked
    and btw mobile substrate works, but its winterboard thats crashing, nd if u use appsync then that would certainly kill ur phone, on the other hand, iBluenova and wifi sync work.

Quote Originally Posted by dying4004 View Post
    did stealth bravo do it with the latest pwanagetool?? if this is so then it is only for 3gs old bootrom.

Bravo: cud u plz confirm this tht u did it with latest pwanagetool or not. cheers
    its only for the old bootrom, its an unofficial jailbreak that uses the old exploit.
    Last edited by saeedsaf; 2010-05-30 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Well, freaking miwi doesnt work and thats like the only thing i need haha! i have the wifi ipad so i tether :P but still when i installed mobilesub it just crashes .

Is root-access on the 4.0 3gs is already possible with this jailbreak?

If so, I have a request: Could someone with a 3gs upload the Applications folder, most importantly the Mediaplayer.app?

I would like to check if these updated apps also work on 3.1.x.

Quote Originally Posted by besweeet2 View Post
    Umm pretty sure 4.0 is fast as hell bud. Did a comparison with a friends 3gs running 3.1.3 against my 3gs on beta 4 and mine loaded everything faster, including maps even when freshly restarted and all save states cleared. Must be your phone.

I should have rephrased my post to say "betas 1 through 3". Beta 4 seemed to be the one that makes everything speedy. I haven't tried it on my iPhone 3G (I'll wait until beta 5 to try 4.0 again). Betas 1-3 were very slow for me.

A 2G jailbreak will be coming soon... I jailbroke my 3GS on 4.0 beta 4...

Safari works fine on jailbroken 3GS beta 4.

I said 2G jailbreak because you guys seem to be getting progress... I have nothing to do with it.
    Last edited by jmwerkus; 2010-05-31 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yes, safari works fine but jm, try out miwi or mobilsub for me it just crashes immediantly.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

For those of you that got it to work on the old bootrom, where did you get the bundles you used? Feel free to pm me if you'd rather not post it.

I compiled a custom ipsw in PT with the new bundles and it goes through the install process and then just stalls with about 4% of the bar left to be filled on the status. I've tried it on a fresh JB'd 3.1.2 restore as well as a clean 3.1.3 (no spirit) and it does the same stall at the end both ways. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Page 144 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146 ... LastLast