Page 142 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 3080

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 4.0 Beta All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

Quote Originally Posted by mombopete View Post
    I am on jailbroken beta 4 and safari is fine. I wonder why it works.
    I don't remember the file name of the one I downloaded, but I wonder if it is fixed as the file name has a "2" in it?? redsn0w_mac_0.9.5b4-2.zip - I'll check when I get home unless someone beats me to it.

Yep, different file name. There was no number at the end of my last download.
    Last edited by boozie; 2010-05-28 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Where did you download your redsnow from? Did you restore from a backup or start as a fresh phone?

I started fresh. I always do with betas. I don't think i can post a link but S.B.'s twitter might help you along ;-)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hedsick View Post
    So... Kattje said she jb 3GS via Twitter. Any idea I'd that'll go public?
    No she won't. She had tons of help from posixninja and therefore wont release it.

The problem with getting help is that you have to follow their rules. When you do something all yourself, then you can make decisions.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

drWidowmaker53 (2010-06-10)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I just installed Chronus and it actually works. Great because I always backup using it as well as using iTunes backup. Just in case I perform a clean restore.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    No she won't. She had tons of help from posixninja and therefore wont release it.

The problem with getting help is that you have to follow their rules. When you do something all yourself, then you can make decisions.
    LAME but understood
    I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something. -- Jackie Mason

EDIT: you can upload your bundle but not pwnagetool - StealthBravo

Last edited by StealthBravo; 2010-05-29 at 05:30 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The download is technically piracy no?

Quote Originally Posted by 4n0nym0u5 View Post
    what is this?

Hallway of Death, I believe. They'll be renovating it in June with a much "edgier" look.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 4n0nym0u5 View Post

How come the pwnageTool only works on 3GS ipsw?
    If it works with iphone 3G ipsw which option am I supposed to pick? I remember in the original one ur supposed to click the 3GS button but it doensn't work with this version... unless its only 3GS.
    "...Yea, though we walk through the vallley of the shadow of Apple, we shall fear no update, for GeoHot is with us, and in his efforts may we find comfort..."

so right now we can jb 3gs 4.0 beta??

Apparently yes, and Safari actually works on this one after Jailbreak, although I'm not sure I agree with redistributing a modified pwnagetool - just uploading the bundle for this firmware should be sufficient for people to add to their existing copies

Quote Originally Posted by madon View Post
    Apparently yes, and Safari actually works on this one after Jailbreak, although I'm not sure I agree with redistributing a modified pwnagetool - just uploading the bundle for this firmware should be sufficient for people to add to their existing copies
    but it has to be old bootrom with 3gs, right? caz with new bootrom customized roms cant be installed. isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by madon View Post
    Who cares, I am tired of everyone's ******** rules. Its about ***ing and being a community. Time to start sharing.

I tried it and it loads to the phone fine but when i connect to itunes i get the old 0xE8000022 error.
    Oh well back to 3.2

It's perfectly possible to share the bundles without breaking anyone's "rules" or stepping on any toes, so redistributing modified versions of pwnagetool isn't even needed which was my point.

I'm all in favour of sharing, but I see no reason to needlessly annoy the developers of apps like pwnagetool when simply distributing the new bundle is sufficient and they've made their feelings on uploading unofficial versions of their complete packaged apps clear in the past. If the links end up being removed from your posts because of complaints from the developers you're helping nobody.

Im getting error 1600 here, could anyone help me, I tried using recovery mode which gave me error 1604, I tried changing the USB port, still no go, I also switched between windows and MAC, again no go.
    PLZ help

EDIT: you can upload your bundle but not pwnagetool - StealthBravo
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 2010-05-29 at 05:30 AM.

Mine is just stuck at Preparing iPhone for restore...wat do?

Page 142 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152 ... LastLast