Page 138 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,760 of 3080

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 4.0 Beta All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

SB im gna suicide in 4 hours and 3 mins if I dont see a reply from you.

Cīmon guys, we cant expect from SB to reply on every post, he is great man, he working, so.. plz patience..

Jeez guys. Poor dude has a family.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    true, he helped with the release of openpwn... SB YOUR OSM!!!
    "...Yea, though we walk through the vallley of the shadow of Apple, we shall fear no update, for GeoHot is with us, and in his efforts may we find comfort..."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Please do not post in here asking or selling dev slots. Look at the Buy/Sell/Trade section for people selling slots or to post for slots. Posts selling or asking for dev slots will just be removed and infractioned for repeats.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

mortopher (2010-05-12)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Wow, no updates for an entire day on this thing. Honestly time is running out on the jailbreak for beta, we got less than a month left before the phone is announced and OS 4 is unveiled. If it follows last years pattern we'll get it on the same date, which means only 1, or at most 2 more betas left.

I'm hoping for the jailbreak on 3GS like the rest, but in a week or so if its not out I'm just gonna start looking forward to the GM release.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    SB any update at all? I know your busy but just a tiny bit of info so everyone will think this thread is still alive (albeit barely)?

unless of course your vary busy, as you haven't logged onto twitter for 2 days straight...
    "...Yea, though we walk through the vallley of the shadow of Apple, we shall fear no update, for GeoHot is with us, and in his efforts may we find comfort..."

Green Apple
    Thanks
    dont throw stones at me but i think there will be no new iphone presentation in june, just an Os 4.0
    new phone eta - 2010 fall

SB: is it officially undoable now as you are not even responding to this thread? i am loosing all the hopes now. :'(

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dying4004 View Post
    SB: is it officially undoable now as you are not even responding to this thread? i am loosing all the hopes now. :'(
    Here is the current state of jaibreaking 4.0:

Updating spirit to work on 4.0 is not possible without the source code from comex. Many people tried to get it to work and it just doesn't without comex's help.

Our only choice is to use pwnagetool. To use pwnagetool, we need to make a bundle for each device on 4.0. I have the tools and know how to get all the keys/Ivs and rootfs keys for every device. I have a bundle right now for the 3GS 4.0 B3 with all the keys/iv and rootfs key. That's half of the jailbreak. The other half consist of making patches to the fs, kernel, iboot, and llb. It's about 12 patches that are needed. I have never done one of these patches before, I didn't have to do them last year because we had quickpwn to mod. Redsn0w does not allow what quickpwn allowed. There are very few people who know how to make these patches or could even figure it out right now. The people that know how to do it, don't want to do it or don't want to make it public. If I knew how, I would release to the public.

So I have been spending the past week trying to figure it all out and To be honest I just haven't had the time and correct instruction on how to accomplish this goal. It's doubtful to talk someone into helping me. My only thought is to "hire" someone to build the patches. Fortunately, money is the ultimate motivator.

I want nothing more than a "beta break" but I feel like I am alone.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

T.A. (2010-05-18)

^ill build the patches for a million buck. :dodgy:. I understand what you are saying and all, but you dont owe us anything. If someone paid you money, they paid you for thr dev udid, not a jailbreak.

Green Apple
    Thanks

right on stealth

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post

Updating spirit to work on 4.0 is not possible without the source code from comex. Many people tried to get it to work and it just doesn't without comex's help.

Our only choice is to use pwnagetool. To use pwnagetool, we need to make a bundle for each device on 4.0. I have the tools and know how to get all the keys/Ivs and rootfs keys for every device. I have a bundle right now for the 3GS 4.0 B3 with all the keys/iv and rootfs key. That's half of the jailbreak. The other half consist of making patches to the fs, kernel, iboot, and llb. It's about 12 patches that are needed. I have never done one of these patches before, I didn't have to do them last year because we had quickpwn to mod. Redsn0w does not allow what quickpwn allowed. There are very few people who know how to make these patches or could even figure it out right now. The people that know how to do it, don't want to do it or don't want to make it public. If I knew how, I would release to the public.

So I have been spending the past week trying to figure it all out and To be honest I just haven't had the time and correct instruction on how to accomplish this goal. It's doubtful to talk someone into helping me. My only thought is to "hire" someone to build the patches. Fortunately, money is the ultimate motivator.

i understand it bro. and a great applause for what you have tried already. you really have tried to do something benifical for the mass without roaming around to earn fame like many others. cheers man.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post

Comex does plan to release the source code eventually doesn't he? The website seems to indicate so anyway.

I definitely would like a "beta break", if I had the know how I'd definitely work on it. For whatever reason, chpwn is vehemently against people using 4.0, to the extent that he'll actively take measures to prevent people from doing so. I don't really understand.

If you go the CFW route, those of us who are currently jailbroken with spirit wouldn't be able to use it, right? Even though I've got the old bootrom, I'm not able to restore to CFWs. I assume that's because spirit is userland
    Last edited by terraphantm; 2010-05-14 at 08:23 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Zehlek's Avatar
    Thanks

I know it's not you Stealth. I'm happy for 4.0.

SB, you should see if gojohnnyboi knows anything and can help you he is always complaining on his twitter that he needs some work to do :P.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

GJB was working on patching the files for his iPod touch but he wanted to keep it just for himself and not public consumption. I have been meaning to talk to him about it tho.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

T.A. (2010-05-18)

Oh ok, well anyways good luck SB!

For those in the know, what's the chance of another beta tomorrow or do you reckon more likely next week?

Just wondering because I will be out of the country until the 30th & would hate for this beta to expire.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Hitone For This Useful Post:

Salival (2010-05-17)

Page 138 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148 ... LastLast