Page 126 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 3080

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 4.0 Beta All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

Also guys I finally got it working. I used my friends Mac in the end. Seems (for me at least) I can no longer use VMWare to update on Windows.

Also I'd like to confirm something another dude on this forum said was nonsense. I really (and other people too) don't have any Zoom on my Camera. Location services work(ish) and yeah no Appstore.

No no, that's a different answer to why it isn't working on Windows, in general
    I know some of you if not most can upgrade to beta2 with VMWare. Just isn't working for me. Fixed it tho.
    Last edited by popthaglock; 2010-04-21 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

does 4.0b2 update baseband past 5.13.03, and does anyone know if said baseband is still compatible with 3.1.3 (as 4.0b1's bb is)?

Quote Originally Posted by popthaglock View Post
    Also guys I finally got it working. I used my friends Mac in the end. Seems (for me at least) I can no longer use VMWare to update on Windows.

Also I'd like to confirm something another dude on this forum said was nonsense. I really (and other people too) don't have any Zoom on my Camera. Location services work(ish) and yeah no Appstore.

I know some of you if not most can upgrade to beta2 with VMWare. Just isn't working for me. Fixed it tho.
    Zoom works for me, though. Did it work for you in the previous beta?

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by katmeef View Post
    does 4.0b2 update baseband past 5.13.03, and does anyone know if said baseband is still compatible with 3.1.3 (as 4.0b1's bb is)?
    too anxious to wait still at 5.13.03 after flash to b2

I think I'm going back to Beta 1. In my short time using Beta 2 I've noticed that saving images from Safari doesn't work and the Camera doesn't work either (it freezes when saving/recording). It's almost as if Apple screwed up the write permissions for the Camera Roll. Beta 2 also seems more sluggish and app switching isn't as snappy (though I dig the new animation).

Location services did work for me, as did the digital zoom function (doesn't really matter though if the camera doesn't actually take pictures). I was also able to install apps from the App Store without difficulty.

Edit: Taking screenshots doesn't work either. They definitely screwed up the write permissions, which means a jailbreak would allow us to fix these issues.
    Last edited by Untaken; 2010-04-21 at 03:20 AM.

beta2 is nice but more bugs it seems that with beta 1..

My iPhone is a Part of Me 24trepid's Avatar
    Thanks

I think I'm gonna go back to beta 1.

Hmm...are there really a lot of bugs with Beta 2? How long will Beta 1 last before it expires? I might not want to update if it's that bad.

Thanks

Just started restoring to 4.0 beta 2 on my 3GS, don't know how long i'll stay though.

Quote Originally Posted by c0mpguru View Post
    Hmm...are there really a lot of bugs with Beta 2? How long will Beta 1 last before it expires? I might not want to update if it's that bad.
    Beta 1 expires in June. You've got plenty of time!

Thanks

Like the neat multitasking app switching animation. Camera seemed to be working fine on my first photo attempt, but it crashes after the shutter goes and no photo is taken.

Back to beta 1 I go.

Thanks

Yeah, beta 2 is CRAP !!!

Yea it is crap I'm back to 3.1.3 so I can use most of my apps.

After messing around with the beta2, I've noticed that's a lot choppier... I mean very noticeable choppiness =\. How did an update get worse?!

Thanks

I figured beta 2 would be better than beta 1. So much for thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by juggz143 View Post
    I think itunes needs an update to backup 4.0
    is there a new itunes out after 9.1 that i dont know about?

iPhone? More like MyPhone waroftyr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by popthaglock View Post

ok im sorry to hear about your update to beta 2, are you using a 3g or 3gs, i have screen shots(yes screen shots are working fine on my beta 2) to prove that their is zoom the camera is working fine and a screen shot of me in the appstore. im not sure why but sounds like your install of beta just sucks like that. if you want proof just say the word and ill post the screen shots
    If i said something you like or helped you out, don't be shy hit that thanks button

i still get this error
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -picture-1.png  

So I take it beta 2 doesnt work with redsn0w JB yet?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    so does redsn0w 0.9.5b2 work on 4.0 beta 2?

EDIT:
    nope... it doesn't... although you can use the 4.0 beta 1 ipsw to jailbreak you phone, it just hits a restore screen and won't boot up... If you apply blackra1n then, you just get the restore screen after restart.
    Last edited by XK.XV; 2010-04-21 at 02:22 PM.
    "...Yea, though we walk through the vallley of the shadow of Apple, we shall fear no update, for GeoHot is with us, and in his efforts may we find comfort..."

Page 126 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast