Page 125 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,500 of 3080

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 4.0 Beta All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

are you going to upload the rest of the beta 2's?

Updating from beta 1 to beta 2 on my VM image of MACOSX just bricked my phone to 1611 error. Can you guys give me some advice?

Beta 1 worked great

BTW: It gets to the loading screen waits 2 mins and just restarts with error 1611. I have tried all my USB ports and unplugged other devices
    Last edited by popthaglock; 2010-04-21 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

still looks like a no go for windows guys.

^it's the name of your phone ....jk :P

Quote Originally Posted by iMadman View Post
    ^it's the name of your phone ....jk :P
    lol "i done broke'eted itunes"

Ok, now error 10. Any help?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

3g link is up

8. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

T.A. (2010-05-17)

Quote Originally Posted by popthaglock View Post
    Ok, now error 10. Any help?
    are you on windows or osx?

Apple blocked Windows users on purpose. There is no "fix" for it because it's not an error. Go to your local Apple store, Best Buy, etc. and install the new beta there. The VMWare trick still works if you are willing to go through the steps.

Hmm...when do you think they'll release an update to iTunes to support folders? It kinda sucks that you can't back up folders...

Protip: Don't point at beta1 to JB beta2 when you get the "unable to process this IPSW" error on the beta2 IPSW. Ask me how I know. Figured I'd try it...

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by c0mpguru View Post
    Hmm...when do you think they'll release an update to iTunes to support folders? It kinda sucks that you can't back up folders...
    I'm still confused by this. I've never had an issue with syncing and folders. Hell, I went so far as putting all 100+ apps in folders just so that I could have everything on one page for sh!tz and giggles and it still synced perfectly fine (albeit I had to sync twice in a row for it to work, but I had to do that on on 4.0b1 even before I tried out the folders).

any word on a changelog... or just thing u guys have noticed,
    I'm downloading now

My iPhone is a Part of Me 24trepid's Avatar
    Thanks

My camera not working on beta 2.

Can't get apps from AppStore. Only by computer or wifi.
    Last edited by 24trepid; 2010-04-21 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

No no, that's what I'm saying. Windows 7 VMWare MAC OSX >> iPhone 3GS worked a charm for Beta 1. Now Beta 2 VMWare failed 4 times with 1611 error, then a final error of 10.

i cant backup my 3g phone on 4.0b1.

Quote Originally Posted by howlett15 View Post
    I just can't understand why there hasn't been a solution for installing beta with windows? Is it a tough fix? Is it just because it's a beta? Is it because the devs have macs and just don't really care to fix for windows? Anyone?
    Either Apple have a flag they return when you initially verify the restore with Apple, you know... Windows or Mac Only update.

Or something less likely could be to do with special signing of an .IPSW file.

And don't forget the two DLL's the official OSX Release notes tell Windows users to update are nowhere to be seen. Anyone have any clues?

So it could be any combination of the reasons above why we can't update on Windows. However, you should stop referring to it as a "fix". Apple clearly didn't want Windows users to have it, if anything it would be addition functionality at Apples discretion of course.

I think itunes needs an update to backup 4.0

Stealth any ETA on a jailbreak for beta 2?

Quote Originally Posted by popthaglock View Post
    Either Apple have a flag they return when you initially verify the restore with Apple, you know... Windows or Mac Only update.

Or something less likely could be to do with special signing of an .IPSW file.

And don't forget the two DLL's the official OSX Release notes tell Windows users to update are nowhere to be seen. Anyone have any clues?

So it could be any combination of the reasons above why we can't update on Windows. However, you should stop referring to it as a "fix". Apple clearly didn't want Windows users to have it, if anything it would be addition functionality at Apples discretion of course.

VMWare and beta2 works for me. I updated from beta1. I'm not sure if it'll work going from 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 to beta2. It definitely works. Keep trying.

Page 125 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast