Page 102 of 154 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 3080

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 4.0 Beta All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What can u do witTh a jailbreak if u dont have cydia? Nothing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dr0herb View Post
    Orrrr, enable ssh and poke around with the filesystem... Oh I know, what about installing jailbroken apps manually.... Is that crazy?

Everything... Cydia just makes installing packages easier. You don't need Cydia to actually do that. I just need to enable multitasking and a home screen background, then I'll be set.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

You can do a ton with a cydialess jailbreak. I only use cydia once or twice a week and that's just to check for updates or to install apps that I've seen on here. Most of my use for the jailbreak is going in and modifying or deleting the files myself.

Thanks

I feel like i wasted 7 days of my life following this thread. Stealth you're still the man. It's a shame the other toolboxes won't release the JB. Instead they show off little little schoolgirls on YouTube sayinh look what I can do and you can't.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Zehlek's Avatar
    Thanks

Does anyone know if when the 4.0 final is released in a couple months, will there be an unlock shortly after? I want to switch carriers.

Quote Originally Posted by boozie View Post
    Here's something I noticed earlier... I'm back on 3.1.3 on my 3G and looked up the vid of the 4.0b1 jailbreak on my phone and youtube actually showed me a screen shot and when clicked, it took me to youtube and played the vid. I guess it's cuz I signed up the the html5 beta on youtube http://www.youtube.com/html5 or am I crazy and this has always worked??

You could always do that. At least as far back as I can remember, and I've had an iPhone since 1.0.1 lol.

Since whenever youtube made a mobile site, it worked that way.
    "99 luft balloons"

Thanks

Is Snow Leopard required to install 4.0? If so what version? I know someone who is registered and uses Tiger and it stops at verifying iPhone software. Also must you be at 3.1.3 beforehand

Quote Originally Posted by Zehlek View Post
    Is Snow Leopard required to install 4.0? If so what version? I know someone who is registered and uses Tiger and it stops at verifying iPhone software. Also must you be at 3.1.3 beforehand
    I updated from 3.1.2 to 4.0 no problem using leopard. So i dont think snow leopard is a must, unless you want to install the SDK from apple, which requires Snow Leopard

Thanks for the recommendation on iReb. Much easier than iRecovery. I forgot about that tool.

For anyone using iRecovery or iReb, be careful with win 7. I'm using Win 7 Ultimate x64 and libusb completely disabled my usb ports(Keyboard and Mouse). I had to use remote desktop to uninstall it. Not sure what I would've done if RDP wasn't setup.

Thanks

Also he has a 3G if that means anything

He is on 3.1.3, Tiger and it stops as soon as it is done at verifying iPhone software
    Last edited by Zehlek; 2010-04-15 at 04:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper366 View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation on iReb. Much easier than iRecovery. I forgot about that tool.

For anyone using iRecovery or iReb, be careful with win 7. I'm using Win 7 Ultimate x64 and libusb completely disabled my usb ports(Keyboard and Mouse). I had to use remote desktop to uninstall it. Not sure what I would've done if RDP wasn't setup.
    yah lilusb is not compatible with x64 at all. i did the exact same thing a while back and had to get out the dinosaur ps2 keyboard to fix it. Nothing like navigating windows with a keyboard That is exactly why i wont upgrade this XP machine over here; its way too valuable to me exactly like it is

Quote Originally Posted by Zehlek View Post
    Also he has a 3G if that means anything

He is on 3.1.3, Tiger and it stops as soon as it is done at verifying iPhone software
    The 3g shouldnt have any problems going from 3.1.3 to 4.0 - As far as tiger goes, i haven't heard of anyone using it to upgrade to 4.0. I know for a fact leopard works. He may have to find at the least a leopard machine to get it to install. Even with leopard on a mac, i updated 4 phones and one came back with an error. so i booted with ireb, and it had 4.0 on it but was the buggiest thing ever (even worse than the beta ) so i used a VM Leopard to install without a hitch. At that point i no longer had access to the mac so it was my only choice.
    Last edited by D.L33T; 2010-04-15 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper366 View Post

no problem i tried forever last week to use irecovery and could not figure it out. iReb>>>>>>>irecovery

Quote Originally Posted by D.L33T View Post
    yah lilusb is not compatible with x64 at all. i did the exact same thing a while back and had to get out the dinosaur ps2 keyboard to fix it. Nothing like navigating windows with a keyboard That is exactly why i wont upgrade this XP machine over here; its way too valuable to me exactly like it is
    Ya luckily I've got my HTPC with XP media center on it so I was able to finish the job on that machine. I'm finally all set up now though, back to the wonderful world of Jailbreak! I must say though, I really miss the folders that 4.0 had.

Anyone know if there is a way to upgrade iTunes to the new xcode compatible with 4.0 without having to install the entire Dev Kit?

//Ok

This is going to sound MAD... but has anyone just tried to ssh over the new files and see what happens?

//All goes wrong with the libs.... now to kick it out f the reboot cyce and back to 3.1.3
    Last edited by aliwithad; 2010-04-15 at 01:46 PM. Reason: as above

damn..... beta 2 will be out before SB JB.

Many of use still on windows or can't get vmware working , and donated so patiently.

Unfortunitely till a windows release comes out, cannot even verify if we sent in proper 40 digit code for spots.

Lets hope for something today, egarly waiting for JB on 3.1.3 or 4. But still wanna play with 4 but damn windows prevention.

i have bought a dev spot and cant even use it as i have windows, i didnt know about needing a mac.. also i cant even confirm the validity either as im on windows.

My iPhone is a Part of Me 24trepid's Avatar
    Thanks

This thread is DEAD !!

Quote Originally Posted by 24trepid View Post
    This thread is DEAD !!
    Why you say that?

Page 102 of 154 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast