Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs 3.1.3 (7E18) can I jailbreak?

Default 3gs 3.1.3 (7E18) can I jailbreak?
    Hi

I have an iphone 3gs running 3.1.3 (7E18) fw 05.12.01,

Can someone please give me some clear advice on if I can jailbreak?

I have a windows machine and also a mac so I can use either if it helps?

I know what jailbreaking is and have done it many times in the past.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by b-boy; 2010-04-07 at 09:08 PM.

You can't.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Default can someone explain?
    Thanks for the reply

So is this a temp thing while the dev team work out a fix/crack or is this because of something apple have changed in the SW?

Thanks

So what the heck is all the info out there on the net talking about 3GS Old Bootrom and If your letters start with MB you will be ok and MC you will not. I got my iphone replaced last week and I have an MB716LL and supposedly I can jailbreak my 'MB' phone using sn0wbreeze and all i get is error 1604 and also ireb doesn't have a 3gs button. I am on 05.12.01 and i dont know what anything else means. All I know is that I see 3GS on old bootrom can be jailbroken. Blackra1n doesn't do crap. I don't need to unlock. Pleaseeeeeee just straight answers! There is so many inconsistencies out there, let this be the THREAD of MAGICAL UNICORNS.

thx
    iPhone 4GB 1.1.4 Jailbroken w/ZiPhone Game machine!!
    iPhone 3G 8GB 2.0 w/POS battery-my new baby

3GS @ 3.1.3 with baseband 05.12.01 CAN NOT be jailbroken right now. It doesnt matter what phone u have (old or new boot). You simply can NOT jailbreak that particular baseband.......But u can jailbroken older basebands and use custom firmwares on previously jailbroken OLD BOOT ROMS.....Is that plain enough to understand anyone?

Part of the confusion arises because iH8Sn0w put a wrapper round xpwn and called it Sn0wBreeze and told people it would work without proper testing.
    It works for some devices and bricks others which is why I would never recommend it.
    A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Default Thanks
    OK thanks for the clarification. So next Q ;o)

Any ideas how long until a crack for 3.1.3 will be??

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b-boy View Post
    OK thanks for the clarification. So next Q ;o)

Any ideas how long until a crack for 3.1.3 will be??

Thanks
    no one knows for sure...could be a couple of months could be tomorrow...

A quick question:

I have a 3GS 3.1.3 7E11 05.12.01, and have my shsh or whatever on file with saurik.

Given that I have a backup with saurik/cydia, am I able to jailbreak?

Thanks.

Thanks

unless u have 3.1.2 or lower and can restore to that then no

I meant unless u have 3.1.2 shsh's or lower
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-04-09 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

fml.
    iPhone 4GB 1.1.4 Jailbroken w/ZiPhone Game machine!!
    iPhone 3G 8GB 2.0 w/POS battery-my new baby

iPhone? More like MyPhone CONVBMW's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi

I have an iphone 3gs running 3.1.3 (7E18) fw 05.12.01,

Can someone please give me some clear advice on if I can jailbreak?

I have a windows machine and also a mac so I can use either if it helps?

I know what jailbreaking is and have done it many times in the past.

Thanks in advance
    Have this phone ever been JB and if it was, do you know if the phone has the 3.1.2 SHSH's on file ? If the answer is yes to BOTH of my questions, then the answer is yes, you can JB.

Default response
    Hi Thanks for the response. No the phone has not been jailbroken before so I guess I'm stuck with 3.1.3 for now ;o(

Regards

iPhone? More like MyPhone CONVBMW's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi Thanks for the response. No the phone has not been jailbroken before so I guess I'm stuck with 3.1.3 for now ;o(

Regards
    Yeah, sorry

Default help
    please help i am trying to downgrade my ipod touch from 3.1.3 7e18 i also have the model starting with MC if there are any downgrades available please reply

just wondering if anyone could clarify my situation, i have a 3gs mc/model/old bootrom/05.12.01 baseband that was recently on 3.1.2fw on a blackrain jailbreak. Youve all probably heard of the network reset boot loop issue which i had to fix with a system restore via IREB, i proceeded to restore everthing on my iphone on itunes and it updated my firmware to 3.1.3? now i remebered on the main cydia screen that at 1 point it said i had shshs on file for 3.1.2 then it changed after some time saying i had 3.1.3 on file(i hadnt saved my blobs and assumed it saved them for me automatically) ? now recently i used tinyumbrella to see if i could save any shsh(thinking it were a waste of time) to which tiny umbrella said it saved 3.1.3 - 4.0 - 4.1 - 4.2b3? i know ive never been on any of the fw apart from the 3.1.3 that itunes updated me to?????? basically in short i want to jailbreak my 3gs again, could anybody please point me in the right direction < > thanks in advance

Cydia automatically saves your blobs for all FW after the one you are on.
    With 4.2 due to drop (probably on Tuesday) you should probably wait until then but, if you don't want an unlock you can just update to 4.1 and use GreenPois0n.

excuse my ignorance but unlock is just for ( use any sim ) right? because im on an official carrier (02) im happy with i just want to jailbreak, where can i get 4.1 fw from?

If you're on contract O2 will unlock your phone FOC anyway (15 if on PAYG)
    4.1 can be got from iTunes...

thanks for the help and sorry for the pestering but just to clarify> i update to 4.1 via itunes then jailbreak via green poison and i should be good to go IF iam on this spec 3gs 3.1.3 mc model- old bootrom - 05.12.01 baseband?....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast