Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS 3.1.3

Default iPhone 3GS 3.1.3
    hey,
    I was just wondering if there was any way of using the firmware or anyfiles on an already jailbroken iPhone 3G to downgrade/jailbreak an iPhone 3GS with 3.1.3 firmware.

Can someone please let me know? Thanks.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

No.

Ok, how would I go abouts checking to see if the ECID SHSH is stored on Sauriks server? I bought the iphone 3gs recently.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The ECID file is maintained by Saurik (Cydia). If your iPhone has Cydia installed, then it's already jailbroken. and the Cydia front page might state the SHSH is 'on-file'.

Of course, if you don't have Cydia installed, then it's not jailbroken.
    Not jb'd, impossible to have an SHSH on file.

Oh ok, so then what do they mean when they say the ECID SHSH is stored on sauriks server? I bought the phone from another person so was just wondering if they had it onto the server or not

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

This applies to the 3GS only!!
    Apple does not allow restoring the 3GS to anything but the 'current version'. If you can't restore to a prior FW version that can be jailbroken, you're stuck with a stock AT&T iPhone. And with a stock AT&T iPhone, if you're not a current AT&T customer, then you stuck with an expensive paper-weight.

Up until a few months ago, the 'stock' Apple FW could be jailbroken (3.1.2).
    When you jb an iPhone, 99.999% of the time Cydia is loaded. When you load Cydia you have a 'option' to 'Make My Life Easy' on the front page. Selecting this option sends your current versions SHSH to the Cydia repo whereby allowing you to restore your iPhone firmware to that version that was just saved.

IF it was jb'd before you got it, it is possible they saved it. Not likely, but possible.

Sent an email to Saurik with your phones Model+S/N+IMEI. You might get lucky.
    Give him a week or so to respond. He's a very busy man and does this for free.

Note: There are other less well-known methods for saving your SHSH, If the prior owner didn't say anything about jailbreaking, etc --- then it's highly unlikely he did anything.
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-04-07 at 08:24 PM.