Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I did sometihing wrong?!

Default I did sometihing wrong?!
    I kept getting no service last night and I decided to restore the phone to a custom firmware. Well.. when i did so I lost the carrier tab in my settings. I have a pineapple boot logo, I can access my phone and cydia, but no network. At this point I cant use my phone to make calls and I really need help asap.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

if ur on att, just do it again but make sure uthe option to activat is not set...if ur on other carrier, make sure it is and make sure u didnt update ur basband...also if u are other carrier, make sure u install blacks0w

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    if ur on att, just do it again but make sure uthe option to activat is not set...if ur on other carrier, make sure it is and make sure u didnt update ur basband...also if u are other carrier, make sure u install blacks0w
    where is the option to activate? and I used blackra1n to unlock and then downloaded cydia. I am still on 5.11 and 3.1.2 When I restore it just does it on its own i dont see an option to restore?

Ok I just did the unlock/ jailbreak with blackrain and under blackain i downloaded cydia and the snow thing. Now I have the carrier thing back but it just says searching..

Update:

I have it jailbroken and unlocked (I guess) but it says no service and i have it set to automatic under carrier tab. Now when i clcik tmobile it says your selected cellular network is no longer available. You can choose a different network in settings. But the problem is that when I choose automatic it says no service.
    Last edited by henryk821; 2010-04-06 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

What carrier are you on?

If you're on ATT, you should remake the custom firmware with pwnagetool and then be sure to uncheck the option where it says activate.

If you have an unofficial carrier like t-mobile, you need to install an unlock. For baseband version 05.11.07, you should be using blacksn0w RC2. To get that, go into Cydia > Manage > Sources and click 'add'. Then add the repo Cydia.pushfix.info - then search for and install 'blacksn0w RC2 Final'.

By the way, you shouldn't use blackra1n if you've already jailbroken with a custom firmware. No reason to use two different jailbreaks.
    Last edited by dhamien; 2010-04-06 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    What carrier are you on?

If you're on ATT, you should remake the custom firmware with pwnagetool and then be sure to uncheck the option where it says activate.

If you have an unofficial carrier like t-mobile, you need to install an unlock. For baseband version 05.11.07, you should be using blacksn0w RC2. To get that, go into Cydia > Manage > Sources and click 'add'. Then add the repo Cydia.pushfix.info - then search for and install 'blacksn0w RC2 Final'.

By the way, you shouldn't use blackra1n if you've already jailbroken with a custom firmware. No reason to use two different jailbreaks.
    I am on t-mobile.

Heres what i did:

I installed a stock 3.1.2 on it which i found online. Used blackra1n to jailbreak it then installed blacksnow to unlock it but it still says no service..

Ok I redid everything, I used a custom firmware and got ultrasnow from cydia ( I am running windows so I cant use pwnage tool ) i installed ultrasnow and now it says searching but wont find a network.
    Last edited by henryk821; 2010-04-06 at 07:47 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The reason I mentioned pwnagetool was that you said you saw a pineapple when the phone booted. That logo only comes from custom firmwares made with pwnagetool.

I can't really explain why you wouldn't get service after using blacksn0w. Whether you installed a custom firmware or stock and then jailbroke with blackra1n, blacksn0w should still work in both cases.

Ultrasn0w is for the 04.26.08 baseband so you shouldn't be using that.

By the way, what I said earlier about activated/unactivated isn't correct. You should choose one that is activated since you're using an unofficial carrier.

What phone do you have? 3G or 3GS?

Thanks for all your help.. I figured out what the problem was.. tmobile deactivated my sim card for some ******** reason saying it was reported stolen or some ****. I am pissed but atleast I know wtf is wrong now.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Ah, that explains it then. Too bad on the outcome though.