Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jb 3gs 3.1.2

Default Jb 3gs 3.1.2
    Looking for straight forward information. Just tired of doing research and reading countless post.

iPhone 3GS - 3.1.2
    Baseband: 5.11
    iTunes: 9.0

What program should I use to JB my phone and/or any additional information. And is teethered still the only possibility? I know of blackra1n, redsn0w and ect but not sure which to use and which one causes the least amount of problems. Would like to come out of this with working phone service and wifi.

Also is there anything that I should NOT do after jailbreaking, such as certain cydia apps and ect. I heard winterboard was kind of buggy on a few phones and caused a lot of problems. Also whats the details on iBricking. I dont mind restoring and upgrading to 3.1.3 as long as I have a working phone.

Thanks

the only way to know without a doubt if you will have a tethered jailbreak is to find out which iBoot version you have...you can use this link for instructions on how to do this... http://modmyi.com/forums/general/688...m-version.html ...as far as jailbreaking software it is really a matter of personal preference...i personally prefer redsn0w 0.9.2 and have never had any problems with any of the jailbreaking software released by the dev team...blackra1n is good as well i suppose (just see alot of bootloop threads caused by it) but i have never used it...so in the end it's really up to you...as far as cydia is concerned just make sure that whatever you are trying to install is compatible with your firmware and you should be okay...

Thanks

On windows or Mac, redsn0w is the easiest.

I was only able to get blackRa1n to work once and never happened again.