Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs 3.1.2 jailbreak???

Default 3gs 3.1.2 jailbreak???
    Hey guys,

I hope this hasn't been posted already, as I have looked for the last hour with no luck. But, I just got a new 3gs with 3.1.2 on it, and 5.11.07 base band. I jailbroke it with Blackra1n, and everything was fine. I installed some stuff from Cydia and my phone died. could not restore it, re-jailbreak, or anything. I am going to get a new one tomorrow and my question is, what is the best way for me to jailbreak it and stay at 3.1.2?

Please help!

When I used Blackra1n, everything was good, but it was the "tethered" jailbreak, so I had to plug it in every time it restarted which was weak. So what do you guys recommend I do?

Thank in advance for any help.

- P.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Use redsn0w 0.9.2 to jailbreak. You can get it here: redsn0w 0.9.2 [iPhone Dev Team]

Thanks

Any jailbreak you do on a brand new 3gs will be tethered at this point.

If Apple replaces you phone tomorrow chances are it will come preinstalled with 3.1.3, which will not be jailbreakable at all.
    Last edited by jkmonkey; 2010-04-05 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default 312
    Thank you for the response. I work for the place I am getting the phone from so I will check the serial number first. Thats how I got this one on 3.1.2.

Thanks again.