Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS update re-lock phone?

Default 3GS update re-lock phone?
    I'm very new to the jailbreaking scene, i have a 3GS with 3.1.2 jailbroken and unlocked.

I am thinking about updating to 3.1.3, i have seen i can rejailbreak the phone after i do this, but will this update relock my phone, and if so can i unlock it again?

also will performing the update loose any of the data from my phone?

dont do it! stay where you are. if you upgrade to 3.1.3 nobody could help you...

Quote Originally Posted by werojas View Post
    dont do it! stay where you are. if you upgrade to 3.1.3 nobody could help you...
    really? because ive seen on blackra1n's site that there is a 3.1.3 jailbreak out? :S

most people don't recommend upgrading to 3.1.3. there isn't much point, no new features in the firmware. they would recommend you stay where you are.

with that said, I upgraded to a custom 3.1.3 for my 3gs and it worked beautifully. but I wasn't at 3.1.2. I bought my 3gs from best buy and inspected the serial number first to make sure it was what I was hoping for. It came out of the box at 3.0 with 4.26.08 bb. it has iboot 6.4. MB718LL with serial XXX23XXXX. now I'm chillin.

i guess i'll stay put then until OS4.0 comes out, or an upgrade with something worth it.

just as a side note, when i do upgrade will it Lock my phone again or does it stay unlocked all the time, did it with blacksn0w

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If you upgrade, you will not be able to unlock it.

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    If you upgrade, you will not be able to unlock it.
    cheers, good to get clarification, glad i didnt do any upgrading now.