Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Spirit - Greenpois0n - 3.1.3 - 05.12.01 - 3GS ???

Default Spirit - Greenpois0n - 3.1.3 - 05.12.01 - 3GS ???
    Anyone have any comments regarding the latest supposed UNTETHERED 3GS jailbreaks from either Spirit or Greenpois0n???

Can we make this a STICKY???!!! I know there are lot people that have mistakenly upgraded and are desperate for any news!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

hmm.

i know greenp0ison is legit dont no about spirit though
    and when did gp realese a jailbreak

Default greenpois0n - Not yet posted....
    ....but supposedly has found a working, untethered exploit.

I believe Spirit is going to be a userland JB...i found the the below posted on MuscleNerds twitter page. From what I have read, "userland" jailbreak is a web-based jailbreak software like from the gold ole days of FW 1.1.1, iBrickr, etc...

@Zehlek "spirit" by @comex is pretty solid already. In fact, the expectation is it'll work during iPad testing as-is, no changes needed.

@Surah_36 the release date for the new userland JB is completely up to @comex and @chpwn since they developed it

no news this way, iv'e been searching though

Hmmmm. News would bea great. I cannot wait to throw my original out the window and finally be able to use my 3g.

Thanks

Um why can't you use your 3g? The 3g is jailbreakable no matter what firmware you currently have installed.

there may be a jailbreak already, but most Devs are waiting and dont want to rush things, they want to wait till 3.2 is out for iphone/ipod touch, so apple doesnt patch the exploit.

As ipad has been released whats the situation of jailbreak for it? Greenpoison took donations to make jb for ipad.

Thanks

no word yet..when one is released it will be front page here

actually you guys will have to wait till the time apple releases ipad 3g.
    hackers want to jaibreak ipad wifi and ipad wifi&3g so that they can use this ipad as a phone as well.

omkar is right. If you had a working jailbreak, there is no way you would release it now, when you could be the FIRST to break the ipad 3g at the end of this month.

Just cross you fingers ipad 3g runs 3.1.3 and the latest baseband as per our locked 3.1.3 iphones.

Can you imaging the ANTICIPIATION rush someone like geohot will be having if he indeed has cracked 3.1.3...

that wud be very silly thing to do. some devs sais that they will release it as soon as ipad launches and they took donation to buy ipad for that. they dint say hat they will release jb when ipad 3g launches. they said 1st ipad which is ipad wifi.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dying4004 View Post
    that wud be very silly thing to do. some devs sais that they will release it as soon as ipad launches and they took donation to buy ipad for that. they dint say hat they will release jb when ipad 3g launches. they said 1st ipad which is ipad wifi.
    i dont recall any dev taking donations and stating the he/she will release it upon iPad launch....

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

They are waiting for iPad 3G.

who said that 3G will not bring a new bootroom

With all the current people and groups posting that 3.1.3 is jailbreakable :

My assumption is the backdoor can be very very easily fixed and to release to early will cause it to be fixed in 3.2 quickly. People and groups are holding ground and possibly working a unlock as well. Or the unlock is 2 simple that people can screw it up

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by werojas View Post
    who said that 3G will not bring a new bootroom
    Who said the jailbreak is a bootrom exploit

I guess they could jailbreak the current ipad (Wifi only), but surely they need to see the ipad with the GSM module in it before they know if any of the saved exploits (jailbreak AND UNLOVK) are common between what the ipad has and the 3.1.3 / latest iphone baseband.

Also, neither goehot or dev team explicitly say their donations are for an ipad. Although geohot did buy one yesterday if you follow twitter.

I would imagine geohot's donations for blackra1n run a bit higher than a few hundred dollars for an ipad....