Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is my 3GS screwed ????

Default Is my 3GS screwed ????
    Hi

My iPhone had a previous problem with battery/charging and there was no good reason for that so I decided to go for a restore.

I made a backup first then I began the restore.

My 3GS was then running OS 3.1.2 and my modem firmware is 4.26.08 I tried then to add the ultras0nw repo to unlock to find out that this repo is locked over the internet here.

Then it came up into my mind to download OpenSSH and install the ultras0w.deb into the phone but I was also not able to add the OpenSSH repo !!!

30 minutes later I found the wifi settings dimmed and I'm not able to connect to wifi.

Also when restarting the phone, it loops for about 15 minutes before opening again.

Last thing is that when I try to restore once again I get the iTunes error 1600.

So is it screwed or not yet and what do I need to do to get it back on ??????

Update

I got it restored once again to a custom 3.1.2 then i installed openSSH and installed ultrasn0w.deb in the phone and it was unlocked.

Then I found out that the wifi was dimmed and searched the forum for a solution to fix Ultrasn0w but whenever I do it the phone locks again and the wifi is active again, moreover I'm unable to SSH into the phone.

Any hints ?