Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Re-Jailbreaking iPhone 3Gs

Default Re-Jailbreaking iPhone 3Gs
    Hello People,

I have a version 3.0 iPhone 3 Gs with all my SHSHs saved on Cydia (although I have no idea what to do with these!)
    Of late, I have been experiencing severe touchscreen issues, the screen has lost some sensitivity, but, the biggest problem is that the screen does not work at times.
    I hope that re-jailbreaking will solve these problems. The only problem is I have no clue how to go about it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    imp!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If your info is correct, that you have access to a mac, I'd suggest using pwnagetool to make a custom firmware and restore to that. That way you don't have to mess around with SHSH files.

The benefit to using a custom firmware is, among other things, that you also preserve your baseband.

Here's a guide for making a 3.1.3 CFW: iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS Using PwnageTool [Mac] - the same guide should work for 3.1.2 as well if you prefer that version. Just remember to download and use a 3.1.2 firmware in that case.

When pwnagetool asks if you're already pwned, select 'yes', as it's really just asking if you're jailbroken.

After you've made the firmware, you can store it your computer and if you ever run into problems again, simply use the custom firmware that you already made.
    Last edited by dhamien; 2010-04-01 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    If your info is correct, that you have access to a mac, I'd suggest using pwnagetool to make a custom firmware and restore to that. That way you don't have to mess around with SHSH files.

The benefit to using a custom firmware is, among other things, that you also preserve your baseband.

Here's a guide for making a 3.1.3 CFW: iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS Using PwnageTool [Mac] - the same guide should work for 3.1.2 as well if you prefer that version. Just remember to download and use a 3.1.2 firmware in that case.

When pwnagetool asks if you're already pwned, select 'yes', as it's really just asking if you're jailbroken.

After you've made the firmware, you can store it your computer and if you ever run into problems again, simply use the custom firmware that you already made.
    Thanks mate ! I'll try this today and post an update on how it went

DUDE I did this and now my phone doesn't work !!! the unlock and is gone completely and I can't access my network. Please HELP
    Last edited by Imp!; 2010-04-03 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

do you use official carrier? if so when you created your custom ipsw you need to make sure that you do not activate it...if you activated it then that is why you have no network

activate the firmware that is

I'm mean do not activate the firmware...crap it's late
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-04-03 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Nope, I don't use the official carrier, I tried the build again, but its not helping. I think the phone upgraded the baseband as well, is there anyways I can find out? Luckily I have my SHSH files on Cydia. Can I use them to revert my phone back the the original state?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

If you have 3.1.2 SHSH on file then you can go back but the baseband cannot be downgraded.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

But how do I know for sure the baseband has been upgraded? My phone has started showing signal, but it doesn't recognize the carrier and all calls fail. Incoming falls come across as switched off

Thanks

If you upgraded via the normal firmware of 3.1.3 your baseband is upgraded. What is your modem firmware in your settings? If it is 5.12.** then you are stuck for the moment.

It is 5.11.07

I downgraded my firmware to 3.1.2

Am trying to quickpwn it to try and unlock it

Okay done, but I am still not able to use it like a phone
    Last edited by Imp!; 2010-04-03 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Did you just jailbreak it? Did you also use blacksn0w or ultrasn0w to unlock it?

Doesnt Pwnage tool unlock it for you?

If not then which one should I use blacksn0w of ultrasn0w?

Thanks

I hear better results with ultrasn0w. But I don't need unlock so not 100% sure.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

Imp! (2010-04-03)

Okay I unlocked with Ultrasnow, but my phone is constantly searching for signal,and then comes up with a no service message where the carrier signal usually is. How can I fix this one now !!

Thanks

you will have to use blacksn0w...ultrasn0w is for the older baseband 4.26.xx..i believe it's up to blacksn0w ver 2...hang on and i will find you a link....

To get blacksn0w RC2, go into Cydia > Manage > Sources and add the repo http://cydia.pushfix.info - then search for and install blacksn0w RC2
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-04-03 at 11:04 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

Imp! (2010-04-03)

Thanks guys,

Its all fixed! I can now use my phone :-) I really apprecaite the help!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Yeah, sorry about that one. The regular blacksn0w doesn't work with 3.1.3 - since you stated in your first post that you had firmware 3.0, I just figured you also had baseband 04.26.08

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imp! View Post
    Thanks guys,

Its all fixed! I can now use my phone :-) I really apprecaite the help!
    glad it worked out for you

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    Yeah, sorry about that one. The regular blacksn0w doesn't work with 3.1.3 - since you stated in your first post that you had firmware 3.0, I just figured you also had baseband 04.26.08
    Cheers dude ! No issues, it all worked out in the end, I wonder how my baseband was updated to a newer version.....very strange