Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need Instructions on How to Restore 3.1.2 on 3GS

Default Need Instructions on How to Restore 3.1.2 on 3GS
    Hi,

Long story short...my 3GS (OS 3.1.2) crashed today and it needs to be restored. Luckily, my shsh file is saved with Cydia, and I have a copy of the 3.1.2 ipsw file on my computer. However, I have no idea how to go about doing the restore without risking the "upgrade" to 3.1.3.

The phone is currently in DFU mode. When I connected it to my computer, iTune recognized it in DFU, so the only thing I can do is click restore. But, when I did that, it brought up a message window that had the user agreement for 3.1.3, so I quickly canceled out of it and shut down iTune.

This is where I'm at... From here, what do I need to do to restore my phone to its previous condition (3.1.2)?

Thanks in advance!

This question has been answered MANY times on here if you search.

You have to make edits on your PC to point to Saurik's server, then you can restore to 3.1.2, holding the shift button while pressing restore will allow you to choose the 3.1.2 file.

Search to find how to redirect to Saurik's server.

Or....

Shift restore to a custom pwned 3.1.2 firmware file.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

maoy02 (2010-04-01)

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    This question has been answered MANY times on here if you search.

You have to make edits on your PC to point to Saurik's server, then you can restore to 3.1.2, holding the shift button while pressing restore will allow you to choose the 3.1.2 file.

Search to find how to redirect to Saurik's server.

Or....

Shift restore to a custom pwned 3.1.2 firmware file.
    Thanks alot for your help! I was able to restore it back to the original 3.1.2 ipsw by redirecting iTune to Cydia. It's now syncing to my last back up. Hopefully, everything will restore.

After that, I'll just have to JB again and reinstall all Cydia apps...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

It is always better to start with "setup as new" than from backup. As it may cause issues if the backup was a backup of jailbroken firmware. Sometimes it works though. If you do notice issues that may be the option to try.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]