Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help me in Restoring my Iphone 3GS

Default Help me in Restoring my Iphone 3GS
    Hi All,

I got a new iphone 3GS which i jailbreaked with the help of redsnow and unlocked by using gehot unlock but i was having a teehering issue when i was trying to boot it up again so i thought of why not use the geohot tool to jailbreak it as it dont have the teethering issue and i put my iphone on the dfu mode and now whenever i try to restore i get a message from iphone that my iphone is not eligable -->"the iphone could not be restored.The device isn't eligble for the request build"

I'm not sure how to go by it because i did read various threads and still not able to figure out how to restore my phone.

Few details my iphone is that its on firmware 5.1.2 and its week 50 model and right now its on the DFU mode.

All i'm looking forward to come out of the DFU mode or restore my iphone which i'm not able to.

Appreciate your help over this.

Saurabh

Thanks

you will have a tethered jailbreak whether you use redsn0w or blackra1n...it is determined by the bootrom not the jailbreak software...you are getting the restore error because apple is only signing firmware 3.1.3 and you are trying to restore to 3.1.2

Okay i figure that out, Now my iphone is struck in tethered mode and it's simply not coming out. What can i do to make it come out?

Is there anyway i can restore 3.1.2 over my phone..?

Thanks

try running whichever software you used to jailbreak it and see if that will boot it..i am assuming that you just jailbroke the phone..if thats the case then cydia will not have your 3.1.2 shsh's on file and without those the only firmware you will be able to restore to will be 3.1.3 as that is the only firmware apple is signing

Default Also Need Help!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r3 View Post
    try running whichever software you used to jailbreak it and see if that will boot it..i am assuming that you just jailbroke the phone..if thats the case then cydia will not have your 3.1.2 shsh's on file and without those the only firmware you will be able to restore to will be 3.1.3 as that is the only firmware apple is signing
    Sorry to OP for hijacking this thread, but I'm in the same situation... My 3GS (OS 3.1.2) is currently in DFU mode (because of a crash caused by a BT device). Unlike OP, mine is a week 38 unit, so no need for tethered jailbreak, and my shsh file is saved on Cydia.

How can I restore it to 3.1.2? When I connected it to iTune and clicked restore, a message window popped up with 3.1.3 user agreements, so I canceled it.

What do I have to do to restore it to 3.1.2?

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

Ahh i figured it out this one is only for 3.0 firmware and that too if i have created ssh in cydia which offcourse i havent so this wont work.

Now this is my problem. Im able to get my phone out of dfu mode but now my phone is stuck in the teethering mode and no matter what i do it just dont come out of it, I have tried gehot blackrain and even tried red snow 0.94,

What i need to do just to force to come out because it just seems to be hang up after commands to force to come out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maoy02 View Post
    Sorry to OP for hijacking this thread, but I'm in the same situation... My 3GS (OS 3.1.2) is currently in DFU mode (because of a crash caused by a BT device). Unlike OP, mine is a week 38 unit, so no need for tethered jailbreak, and my shsh file is saved on Cydia.

How can I restore it to 3.1.2? When I connected it to iTune and clicked restore, a message window popped up with 3.1.3 user agreements, so I canceled it.

What do I have to do to restore it to 3.1.2?

Thanks in advance for any pointers!
    http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...ecid-shsh.html

9. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

maoy02 (2010-04-01)

My problem is again if i try blackrain method my phone is stuck over the geohot photo. it doesnt comes to my screen where it shows the teethering photo with itunes. its just stuck.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saurabh726 View Post
    Ahh i figured it out this one is only for 3.0 firmware and that too if i have created ssh in cydia which offcourse i havent so this wont work.

Now this is my problem. Im able to get my phone out of dfu mode but now my phone is stuck in the teethering mode and no matter what i do it just dont come out of it, I have tried gehot blackrain and even tried red snow 0.94,

What i need to do just to force to come out because it just seems to be hang up after commands to force to come out.
    sounds like you might have to restore to official 3.1.3 and wait for the next jailbreak

Thanks! I came across that post earlier, but it required a functioning phone to get the ECID. Mine is in DFU mode and not responding to anything. I was hoping to learn how to restore to 3.1.2 using the shsh file on Cydia.

Any advice? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r3 View Post
    sounds like you might have to restore to official 3.1.3 and wait for the next jailbreak
    Okay any idea what i messed up because i was able to get out of everything when i originally posted and then i just switched it off and switched it again and post that im facing a challange in getting this on.

Also i know this is a stupid question but do you have any idea about when is 3GS 3.1.3 unlock coming out.

Again appreciate your help over this...

Thanks! I came across that post earlier, but it required a functioning phone to get the ECID. Mine is in DFU mode and not responding to anything. I was hoping to learn how to restore to 3.1.2 using the shsh file on Cydia.

Any advice? Thanks!
    To get it functioning from DFU mode to normal mode follow these steps..Press the power+home button for 10 second..connect to computer before you do that and turn the speaker on loud so once its disconnected you will hear a sound...once you hear that sound leave the home button and just press the power button..and post that your iphone will come out of the DFU mode.
    Last edited by saurabh726; 2010-04-01 at 05:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Any advice? Thanks!
    sorry i wasn't paying attention to your first post closely enough...you have and old iBoot phone (untethered jailbreak) so you can restore to a custom ipsw...google and download a custom 3.1.2 ipsw created with pwnagetool <--- very important...if you use official carrier get one that is unactivated and if you use unofficial carrier get one that is activated...download it to your desktop with either firefox or chrome and in itunes use shift+restore and browse to your desktop and select the ipsw you downloaded and you should be able to restore to that...once complete you don't have to jailbreak as that is already done with the custom firmware...good luck

Quote Originally Posted by saurabh726 View Post

To get it functioning from DFU mode to normal mode follow these steps..Press the power+home button for 10 second..connect to computer before you do that and turn the speaker on loud so once its disconnected you will hear a sound...once you hear that sound leave the home button and just press the power button..and post that your iphone will come out of the DFU mode.
    that is a reset...i didn't suggest that because i thought you would have already tried that...sorry about that
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-04-01 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

15. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

maoy02 (2010-04-01)

Thanks j3st3r3! I was able to restore it back to the original 3.1.2 ipsw by redirecting iTune to Cydia. It's now syncing to my last back up. Hopefully, everything will restore.

I'll just have to JB again and reinstall all Cydia apps...

Thanks

I would suggest redsn0w 0.9.2