Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS iPhone loses WiFi connection after jailbreak and rebooting - HELP pls!

Default 3GS iPhone loses WiFi connection after jailbreak and rebooting - HELP pls!
    Hello, hope someone can help me (if i posted this in the wrong place, pls move to right forum, thx) - Now, here's the story:

I noticed that my iPhone stopped picking up the WiFi signal from my house (noticed this about 4-5 days ago). After rebooting several times, still nothing.

Other phones (wife's blackberry, her sisters' and husband's phone) DO pick up the WiFi signal. At work, and wife's work other people with iPhones DO pick up the WiFi signal - so I narrowed it down to my phone.

I have a 3GS, jailbroken (3.1.2-7D11) and unlocked with Blackra1n (I have TMO).

Last night I set it back to factory settings and jailbroke it again using Pwnage tool - WiFi signal was picked up immediately (woohhooo) so I was able to get to Cydia and got blackra1in again - iPhone was now jailbroken, unlocked AND picking up the Wifi Signal - HOWEVER, I also tried to install winterboard and had to reboot - after rebooting the phone, WiFi signal was not getting picked up again.

I went thru the whole process again, this time I didn't install Winterboard and again, I was jailbroken, unlocked AND picking up the WiFi signal; decided to reboot the phone (just to troubleshoot), and after rebooting the phone won't pick up any WiFi signals again - at this point it was late and didn't have time to re-do it all again (but I will tonight) to get my WiFi signal (I really need it), but I am afraid that if I have to reboot for whatever reason (some apps require it), it will lose the WiFi signal again - Has anyone else experienced/reported this? and does anyone have any suggestions/fixes?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Something else that "may" be worth mentioning is that in Cydia, I get a message at the top that reads:
    "This device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS: 3.1,3.1.2,3.1.3"

However, I am the 1st owner, and have NOT upgraded to 3.1.3 - and I wonder if this may have something to do with it, thanks!
    Last edited by that1mexguy; 2010-03-31 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Blackra1n is actually a jailbreak tool. I assume you mean blacksn0w for the unlock. Yeah, there's problems with that, but a blacksn0w RC2 has been released that supposedly fixes all those problems.

To get blacksn0w RC2, go into Cydia > Manage > Sources and add the repo http://cydia.pushfix.info - then search for and install blacksn0w RC2. That should fix your problems.

Try it first without restoring but if there's still problems, restore to the custom firmware you made with pwnagetool and try installing blacksn0w rc2 again.

You can read about it all here: http://www.pushfix.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=203
    Last edited by dhamien; 2010-03-31 at 08:17 PM. Reason: added link

You are correct, it's blacksn0w and THANK YOU for that link, you saved me endless hours of frustration! - I must've missed that post but got it all working again, again, THANKS!!!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You're welcome and I'm glad it worked out