Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: A few questions

Default A few questions
    Hello. These questions might sound unbelievably stupid, but then again, I am not too tech-savy!
    Anyway, a few minutes ago, I was reading about the new iTunes 9.1 update thingy and I saw a lot of stuff about untethered and tethered jailbreaks. Now I kind of get what they are, tethered you need to boot with the computer, untethered you don't, and I know that I have untethered that I did through pwnage tool. However, I don't quite get the point in a tethered jailbreak, so could someone please explain the advantages to me?
    Also, I was wondering if when iPhone 4.0 comes out (or any other new firmware) is it possible to re-jaibreak and not loose all of my apps, messages, cydia apps etc etc?
    Thanks, sorry if these are basic answers!

Thanks

actually a tethered jailbreak is a disadvantage not an advantage and is determined by the hardware on the phone not by the person jailbreaking...if you are out and about and you battery dies or whatnot then you are without a phone until you can get to a computer to reboot the phone...if a jailbreak is released with the newer phones you will have to use aptbackup (something like that anyway) to backup cydia apps before updating so you can get all the apps back...as far as messages and what not that is done thru itunes...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hpsauxe View Post
    Hello. These questions might sound unbelievably stupid, but then again, I am not too tech-savy!
    Anyway, a few minutes ago, I was reading about the new iTunes 9.1 update thingy and I saw a lot of stuff about untethered and tethered jailbreaks. Now I kind of get what they are, tethered you need to boot with the computer, untethered you don't, and I know that I have untethered that I did through pwnage tool. However, I don't quite get the point in a tethered jailbreak, so could someone please explain the advantages to me?
    Also, I was wondering if when iPhone 4.0 comes out (or any other new firmware) is it possible to re-jaibreak and not loose all of my apps, messages, cydia apps etc etc?
    Thanks, sorry if these are basic answers!
    Basically a tethered jailbreak is just like a normal jailbreak you get the same features except when you reboot your device you need to connect to your computer.
    "I want to change the world but they won't give me the source code"

"With Great Power , Comes Great responsibility" That is something we all need to remember