Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bricked iPhone: White Flashing Screen or White/Black Bars

Default Bricked iPhone: White Flashing Screen or White/Black Bars
    Hello all - I am currently using a 3G, which was jailbroken with Sn0wbreeze successfully. Yesterday, out of the blue... after a sync with iTunes it was working fine. But after leaving the phone alone for an hour or so, I came back to it and it was completely black. No power. Wouldn't get recognized in iTunes. Finally, somehow through a combo of buttons, I was able to get a flashing white screen. Mind you, under no circumstances can I get any sort of logo, picture or anything... it's just a white screen. Lately, there are some discolored pixels within the white screen, but they are not permanent. I know this, because I am now able to get the iPhone into DFU mode and get it recognized by itunes. I've tried iReb, Ziphone and blackrain snowbreeze and redrain and everything... but I can't restore the phone. I get the 1604 error. I have tried using the newest firmware, my custom firmware, and even old firmware... but I only get 1604.

Again, I can get it in DFU(still just the white screen/flashing white screen), it can seemingly work with iReb, but no matter what I do, I get stuck in "preparing iphone for recovery" and ultimately run in to a 1604.

Any idea what I can try? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Other things: I've also tried deleting the device info in my Docs & settings folder. I have also tried connecting to a fresh iTunes on a different CPU. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes.
    Last edited by CMHan15; 2010-03-30 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CMHan15 View Post
    Hello all - I am currently using a 3G, which was jailbroken with Sn0wbreeze successfully. Yesterday, out of the blue... after a sync with iTunes it was working fine. But after leaving the phone alone for an hour or so, I came back to it and it was completely black. No power. Wouldn't get recognized in iTunes. Finally, somehow through a combo of buttons, I was able to get a flashing white screen. Mind you, under no circumstances can I get any sort of logo, picture or anything... it's just a white screen. Lately, there are some discolored pixels within the white screen, but they are not permanent. I know this, because I am now able to get the iPhone into DFU mode and get it recognized by itunes. I've tried iReb, Ziphone and blackrain snowbreeze and redrain and everything... but I can't restore the phone. I get the 1604 error. I have tried using the newest firmware, my custom firmware, and even old firmware... but I only get 1604.

Again, I can get it in DFU(still just the white screen/flashing white screen), it can seemingly work with iReb, but no matter what I do, I get stuck in "preparing iphone for recovery" and ultimately run in to a 1604.

Any idea what I can try? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Other things: I've also tried deleting the device info in my Docs & settings folder. I have also tried connecting to a fresh iTunes on a different CPU. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes.
    Hmmm i had a similar problem but with my itouch out of no where my screen turned white and i could not do anything i suggest trying the reset buttons or let it die but you said it can be put into dfu mode and try irecovery
    "I want to change the world but they won't give me the source code"

"With Great Power , Comes Great responsibility" That is something we all need to remember

Default No luck
    No luck with iRecovery either. I spoke with Apple, and while he didn't know I was jailbroken (obviously), he had no ideas either. Said it could possibly be a hardware issue.

Looks like it might be a lost cause. Is it worthwhile selling phones for parts?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    god i had the same problem... i just got my phone for a few week, i should probably get a return for it