Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak iphone 3.1.3 GS

Default Jailbreak iphone 3.1.3 GS
    Okey so i just bought an iphone 16gb GS, for 640 USD at applestore, they said it shouldnt be a problem binding it to my old deal with telenor. But i cant get my sim card to work in it.

I connected it to Itunes and started it for the first time i also downloaded and updated the iphone.

But i cant get it to work, any help?
    It starts and i can use it as an ipod and everything just not a phone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

[QUOTE=Casperjo;5177242]Okey so i just bought an iphone 16gb GS, for 640 USD at applestore, they said it shouldnt be a problem binding it to my old deal with telenor. But i cant get my sim card to work in it.

I connected it to Itunes and started it for the first time i also downloaded and updated the iphone.

But i cant get it to work, any help?
    It starts and i can use it as an ipod and everything just not a phone.[/QU

I know that AppleStore is supposed to start selling Unlocked phones , but I would say that your phone is not Unlocked so it must be Branded to some other carrier!

Take it back!

As far as updating if you plan to Jailbreak do not update in Itunes!

You probality have 3gs with the new boot rom as there is no Jailbreak for it if it is at 3.1.3 firmware but suppose to be something in the near future, weeks or a month or so!

Area51
    Area51

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It's still odd that it'd activate it if it wasn't unlocked, or am I wrong on that? I thought you could only activate a phone with a SIM from a carrier that you could use.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    It's still odd that it'd activate it if it wasn't unlocked, or am I wrong on that? I thought you could only activate a phone with a SIM from a carrier that you could use.
    I do not know the carrier telenor, but I have an AT&T account and if I jailbreak then I have my phone activated through itunes!

If I don't it will never show Searching or any AT$T Logo!
    I do not know why this is I just have to accept it!

I am assumeing you have an account with telenor?

Area51

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by area51crypto View Post
    I am assumeing you have an account with telenor?

Area51
    Not me personally, but where I live, it's an official carrier for the iPhone. I assumed it was the case for the OP as well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    Not me personally, but where I live, it's an official carrier for the iPhone. I assumed it was the case for the OP as well.
    Ok lets understand one thing about jailbreaking and unlocking!

Jailbreaking let you customize your iphone and run Apps that come form other places called repository!

You can choose these apps some are free and some are not! These apps are designed by programmers as the ones from the Apple app Store aka really smart people, which I am not!

You can choose different themes which is the way you Iphone looks and change icons and just make your Iphone look and work really great!

Unlocking the iphone will let you use sims from other carriers than the one the iphone was designed for!

The one thing it will not do is get you free telephone service!

You must have a contract with some carrier!

Area51

iPhone? More like MyPhone rkisling's Avatar
    Thanks

Having tried multiple means to jailbreak my recent 3GS (had to replace a defective phone); I have been unable to jailbreak and maintain network connectivity -- I can downgrade to 3.1.2 using my hash from Cydia and jailbreak successfully, but have no network connection; other means of directly jailbreaking from 3.1.3 Fail. I had no luck with iRecovery either.

Missing categories, backgrounder, status notifier, iFile, saving email attachments and HTML email signatures fiercely.

Open for suggestions ... not sure I can wait for iPhone 4.0 this summer

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkisling View Post
    Having tried multiple means to jailbreak my recent 3GS (had to replace a defective phone); I have been unable to jailbreak and maintain network connectivity -- I can downgrade to 3.1.2 using my hash from Cydia and jailbreak successfully, but have no network connection; other means of directly jailbreaking from 3.1.3 Fail. I had no luck with iRecovery either.

Missing categories, backgrounder, status notifier, iFile, saving email attachments and HTML email signatures fiercely.

Open for suggestions ... not sure I can wait for iPhone 4.0 this summer
    Kinda hijacking this thread open up new thread and we can see what your talking about!

You need to give your model number, and what firmware you are at and whether it is old or new boot rom, which you can do a search here at this forum to find out how to check what boot rom you have!

Area51

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by area51crypto View Post
    Ok lets understand one thing about jailbreaking and unlocking!

Jailbreaking let you customize your iphone and run Apps that come form other places called repository!

You can choose these apps some are free and some are not! These apps are designed by programmers as the ones from the Apple app Store aka really smart people, which I am not!

You can choose different themes which is the way you Iphone looks and change icons and just make your Iphone look and work really great!

Unlocking the iphone will let you use sims from other carriers than the one the iphone was designed for!

The one thing it will not do is get you free telephone service!

You must have a contract with some carrier!

Area51
    Why are you replying with all that to me?