Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking New Iphone 3GS 3.1.3???

Default Jailbreaking New Iphone 3GS 3.1.3???
    Ok, I've done countless hours of research and am still confused on which 3GS can exactly be jail broken. I also get conflicting information so I'm hoping to just get things cleared up here.
    I just got my Iphone a few weeks ago and so this is what I have:
    Iphone 3gs that came already on 3.1.3 firmware, Model MC137LL, modem firmware 5.12.01, and the 4th & 5th serial are 08, meaning that is still under the 40th week mark according to some of the info I got. Now, based on this info, It seems that my Iphone IS still jailbreakable but I've tried and to avail did I get it jailbroken. So can anyone tell if it really is jailbreakable or not or would you need to know what bootrom I have??? Any other info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Thanks

Unfortunately your phone is not jailbreakable. No 3gs that has a stock 3.1.3 installed and not previously jailbroken can be downgraded or jailbroken at this time. The 08 you are refering to does indeed refer to the build week. In your case that is the 8th week of this year, while when people talk about week 40 it refers to week 40 of last year. So your phone was manufactured well after the week 40 that is commonly refered to. To sum it up your stuck without a jailbreak at the momment. Sorry. Hopefully it wont be too long of a wait.

"The Napoleon Dynamite of MMI" coloradoxmfan's Avatar
    Thanks

That clears up alot. Thank you very much for your reply. I kinda thought so and i just wanted to be sure. I guess ill have to wait for a solution. Lol

Thanks

No problem. I'm in the same boat, my nicely jailbroken phone died and was replaced by apple. It came with 3.1.3 installed on it