Results 1 to 16 of 16

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Downgrading to 3.1.2 from 3.1.3

  1. #1
    Exclamation Downgrading to 3.1.2 from 3.1.3
    i am wondering how i can downgrade my os to 3.1.2 so that i can more easily jailbreak my ipt2g. i want to use blackra1n to do my jailbreak

    i'm guessing this s a repeat post but i figured it would be easier to start a new thread than search for the answer

  2. #2
    iPhoneaholic REAPERDAGREAT13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    N.E.L.A.S & Barcelona
    Posts
    343
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 75 Times in 49 Posts

    3.1.2 to 3.1.3 is not downgrading it's upgrading

  3. #3
    no i'm going 3.1.3---->3.1.2

  4. #4
    Ok so i just recently did this. You will need a copy of the 3.1.2 firmware, blackra1n, and a windows pc.

    1. 1 Download firmware
    2. 2 Plug ipod into computer
    3. 3 Hold shift and click restore
    4. 4 Navigate to where you saved the firmware
    5. 5 click firmware
    6. 6 Your ipod will now restore
    7. 7 Jailbreak like you normally do




    This is how i downgraded and re-jailbroke if you have any isses pm me. I am not responsible for anything that happens to your ipod.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to rhart96 For This Useful Post:

    Carlos.Cooper (2010-03-31)

  6. #5
    Is there a way to do this with out eraseing everything on my iPod?

  7. #6
    nope. just backup in itunes first and you should be fine

  8. #7
    theres always errors when i try to downgrade my fw back to 3.1.2....
    i hATE 3.1.3, accident updated and now im stuck!
    i have BB 5.12.07

  9. #8
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by stelliejames View Post
    theres always errors when i try to downgrade my fw back to 3.1.2....
    i hATE 3.1.3, accident updated and now im stuck!
    i have BB 5.12.07
    There's different ways to downgrade depending on which phone you have. For a 3GS, it's not possible at all unless you have your 3.1.2 SHSH files stored. For all the other phones, it's quite easy.

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by rhart96 View Post
    Ok so i just recently did this. You will need a copy of the 3.1.2 firmware, blackra1n, and a windows pc.
    is it absolutely necessary to use a windows computer?
    im much more comfortable useing my mac

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    There's different ways to downgrade depending on which phone you have. For a 3GS, it's not possible at all unless you have your 3.1.2 SHSH files stored. For all the other phones, it's quite easy.


    There is absolutely no way to restore the 3.1.2 firmware if you don't have the SHSH saved?
    None whatsoever?
    Please don;t say yes...
    Oh noes! Some hippie smoked my signature...

  12. #11
    Retired Moderator j3st3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    2,447
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 405 Times in 395 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos.Cooper View Post
    is it absolutely necessary to use a windows computer?
    im much more comfortable useing my mac
    a mac is fine (actually preferred by most)

    Quote Originally Posted by funkycookie View Post
    There is absolutely no way to restore the 3.1.2 firmware if you don't have the SHSH saved?
    None whatsoever?
    Please don;t say yes...
    that is correct...if you are 3.1.3 and do not have 3.1.2 shsh's saved on cydia then there is no way to go back to 3.1.2
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-03-31 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

    Carlos.Cooper (2010-03-31)

  14. #12
    I still have 3.1.2 just that the device is stuck in some sort of restart loop. Every time i try a restore with sn0wbreeze, after the required restart i end up back where i started. with the damn connect to itunes logo.
    Oh noes! Some hippie smoked my signature...

  15. #13
    Retired Moderator j3st3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    2,447
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 405 Times in 395 Posts

    if you have the new iBoot phone then a custom ipsw (the one u created with sn0wbreeze) will not work on your phone

  16. #14
    I tried to check with f0recast if i have the new bootrom but it wouldn't work. Probably because the device is in restore mode now, no?
    So what else is left for me to do then? Should i upgrade it to 3.1.3 and hope for the best?
    Oh noes! Some hippie smoked my signature...

  17. #15
    thanks rhart96 for the info. i will make an attempt to do what you said and report back if it works or not

  18. #16
    Retired Moderator j3st3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    2,447
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 405 Times in 395 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by funkycookie View Post
    I tried to check with f0recast if i have the new bootrom but it wouldn't work. Probably because the device is in restore mode now, no?
    So what else is left for me to do then? Should i upgrade it to 3.1.3 and hope for the best?
    the phone has to be in dfu mode to check the iBoot...follow this guide http://modmyi.com/forums/general/688...m-version.html or this one http://modmyi.com/forums/general/704...-have-3gs.html
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-03-31 at 10:08 PM.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •