Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Idongle

Default Idongle
    i recently found a website talking about idongle its a shape of a usb memory stick and it basically runs blackra1n on the usb stick so that you wont need to connect to the laptop. but is it the devicce trustworthy?

theres no release date so far and price is maybe like 25 31 $40

heres the official website for the idongle
    My b0yfr13nd 1s a g33k

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I actually think it looks pretty legit. Gizmodo had an article on it so...yeah. I don't really need it tho as I don't have a 3GS :/

The iDongle has been talked about here. It might be a good device but it's going to be obsolete before it's even released . Geohot and others have created a software jailbreak so that you wont have to teether anymore.
    Last edited by ibfr33k; 2010-03-29 at 07:09 PM.

you say we wont have to tether any more but other but i cant find anything else about the iphone 3gs 3.1.2 being untethered, and i dont think geohot is making an untethered anymore i though they were focusing on the 4.0 (sorry if im wrong btw)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cookbenj View Post
    you say we wont have to tether any more but other but i cant find anything else about the iphone 3gs 3.1.2 being untethered, and i dont think geohot is making an untethered anymore i though they were focusing on the 4.0 (sorry if im wrong btw)
    although neither the dev team nor geohot have annouced nor will they announce a release date it will probably be when either the iPad or new iPhones are released so i wouldn't bother getting the idongle...just be patient...btw a tethered jailbreak isn't so bad..

Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r3 View Post
    btw a tethered jailbreak isn't so bad..
    i know it isnt bad but soon im going abroad soon so i need the untether jailbreak a.s.a.p i'll just wait patiently for them to release it :P