Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Has Apple finally stymied us?

Default Has Apple finally stymied us?
    It's been a while since 3.1.3 came out and still no unlock for the 3G (I'm on a Mac and have baseband 5.11.07). I vaguely recall that in the past it was only a matter of hours before someone came up with an unlock program for an updated firmware. For a mere $30 or so, a couple of companies are claiming to be able to unlock practically anything but I've been told they're all scams (despite offering 100% guarantee and refunds). Is it possible Apple has finally figured out a way to prevent unlocking? Please don't tell me I'm going to have to go to another phone besides iPhone to be able to unlock. What a drag if that's the case....

Thanks

Why don't you just restore to 3.1.2 ?

The Dev Team only unlock every other BB. Geohotz unlocked 05.11.07 but all agree that FW 3.13 was only released to flush out exploits and are not biting.
    No exploits will be used on this useless 'upgrade'.
    Wait and see what happens with the next FW.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

First, to answer other question: I cannot downgrade to 3.1.2 because I have bootloader 5.09, not the 5.08 required.
    Second, do you mean to tell me that there's a good chance I have a brick for a 3G iPhone if, as appears to be a near certain, the next firmware version (4?) isn't unlockable or if someone like DevTeam or Geohotz doesn't want to make the unlock also work on my older firmware and bootloader (when, eventually, someone comes up with a "fix" for the 4G?)

Thanks

I thought only the 3gs couldn't be downgraded?

How did you retain 5.11.07 when you updated to 3.1.3?

Regardless, even if another jailbreak was never released, your phone isn't a "brick".
    A legitimate AT&T user can use it, so you could always sellit and buy one that can still be jailbroken

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stoker View Post
    It's been a while since 3.1.3 came out and still no unlock for the 3G (I'm on a Mac and have baseband 5.11.07). I vaguely recall that in the past it was only a matter of hours before someone came up with an unlock program for an updated firmware. For a mere $30 or so, a couple of companies are claiming to be able to unlock practically anything but I've been told they're all scams (despite offering 100% guarantee and refunds). Is it possible Apple has finally figured out a way to prevent unlocking? Please don't tell me I'm going to have to go to another phone besides iPhone to be able to unlock. What a drag if that's the case....
    baseband 05.11.07 can be unlocked with blacksn0w...05.12.01 can not be...