Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Searching... or One Bar Of Service

Default Searching... or One Bar Of Service
    I've seen various subjects on the topic and have read through most of them without any resolve to my current problem. I've jailbroken my iPhone 3GS but I've run into a problem of my service indicator either displaying "searching...", "one bar of service", or "full bars but my service doesn't work". I can resolve this problem by turning "3G" off in the settings. With 3G turned off everything works as it should (I can send/receive calls/texts). I don't much see the sense in turning off something I'm paying extra for over edge and what the phone is built to run on. I've tried restoring and rejailbreaking using every method I've come across. I am an AT&T customer so I've made sure to uncheck "activate iPhone" during the jailbreak.

Here is my information...

3.1.2 (7011)
    ATT 5.6

I'm hoping someone more knowledgeable than me have help me solve this slight but annoying problem.

Thanks in advance,
    Brandon

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Is 3g service available in your area?

Not yet where I am 20 miles away, hopefully soon thought!

Reason I ask this is AT&T service is not the greatest and I thought you might be just in the edge of 3g service!

Area51

Thanks for the reply.

Yes. As a matter of fact my GF has a iPhone 3G and gets full 3G service at all times at the house and surrounding areas. For some odd reason my 3GS won't provide any service as stated above unless 3G is toggled to off.

Brandon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sockless View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

Yes. As a matter of fact my GF has a iPhone 3G and gets full 3G service at all times at the house and surrounding areas. For some odd reason my 3GS won't provide any service as stated above unless 3G is toggled to off.

Brandon
    What software did you jailbreak with!

I use PWNAGE Tool but I have a mac and have had no problems except with my WIFI, I do not know if it is because of PWNAGE Tool software or my router! Sometimes it shows weak signal but most of the time signal is maxed out!

If you only have Windows based pc then I think Redsnow is Windows version of PWNAGE!

I have used Blackra1n but felt more safer with PWNAGE Tool!

I started out with my 3gs old bootrom, thank God, at 3.0 and used blackra1n then changed to PWNAGE Tool and went to 3.1 then 3.1.2 and now I am at 3.1.3 with now problems! Only reason I went to 3.1.3 is to save my shsh's on Cydia just in case some where up the road I need them, other wise I would have stayed at 3.1.2 that's just me!

I would rejailbreak with PWNAGE Tool and stay at 3.1.2 just my opinion!

Area51

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by area51crypto View Post
    What software did you jailbreak with!

I use PWNAGE Tool but I have a mac and have had no problems except with my WIFI, I do not know if it is because of PWNAGE Tool software or my router! Sometimes it shows weak signal but most of the time signal is maxed out!

If you only have Windows based pc then I think Redsnow is Windows version of PWNAGE!

I have used Blackra1n but felt more safer with PWNAGE Tool!

I started out with my 3gs old bootrom, thank God, at 3.0 and used blackra1n then changed to PWNAGE Tool and went to 3.1 then 3.1.2 and now I am at 3.1.3 with now problems! Only reason I went to 3.1.3 is to save my shsh's on Cydia just in case some where up the road I need them, other wise I would have stayed at 3.1.2 that's just me!

I would rejailbreak with PWNAGE Tool and stay at 3.1.2 just my opinion!

Area51
    redsn0w is not the windows version of pwnagetool...it is a jailbreak software only...doesn't create ipsw's like pwnagetool does...sn0wbreeze is for windows and creates ipsw's but i have seen pretty much nothing but trouble from users trying to install the sn0wbreeze ipsw's...if you need a ipsw and don't have access to pwnagetool then google one that was created with pwnagetool

p.s. Area51 you didn't have to update to 3.1.3 to get the shsh's for it...

Thanks

j3st3r3,

I have been told that lately but I guess I don't really know how the hold SHSH's thing works!

The only thing I do know is that when I was on 3.1.2 for the longest Cydia never reported SHSH's stored for 3.1.3.

It only happened after I used PWNAGE Tool 3.1.5 to take my firmware to 3.1.3!

I have read Saurik's technical data on this several times and I just do not understand about the shsh's on a jailbroken phone!

Thanks

Area51
    Last edited by area51crypto; 2010-03-30 at 05:28 PM.

Thanks

firmware umbrella will grab them for you and send them to your computer and saurik's server for cydia