Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is there any resolve for me? Or just upgrade?

Default Is there any resolve for me? Or just upgrade?
    The facts:
    I bought a 3GS iPhone from someone. It had 3.1.2 firmware, it was jailbreaked and unlocked. In my vast intelligence i hit the reset button, wanting to erase all contacts, messages, files, etc. That was a "no no" apparently. After reading about what i just did, i tried to fix it. But no such luck. With blackra1n it just freezes and with snowbreezes sometimes it installs till the end but after the restart it's back to the "connect to itunes" thingie.

So i now have an iPhone in recovery mode, that i take out of the drawer from time to time to glance at it.

I think it has the new bootrom, i tried f0recast but it doesn;t show me anything, could it be because of windows?

SO from what i understand, there is no possible way to jailbreak or unlock it. Right?
    If that's the case, should i upgrade it to 3.1.3 now? And just arm myself with patience waiting for the next jailbreak?

The conclusion: I has a stupid. Serves me right.
    Oh noes! Some hippie smoked my signature...

Thanks

You should be able to follow one of the many guides on this forum hopefully you will have hashes stored on cydia in that case I would try editing your hosts file in windows adding 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com so the restore of 3.1.2 can be authorised then
    in itunes when it detects the phone in recovery mode hold shift and click on restore point it to the iPhone2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw that you should of downloaded on your pc that should get you working again
    if all goes well with the above them run blackra1n when thats completed as you are tethered run blackra1n again to boot if you dont run it a second time it will stay in recovery mode leading you to believe that it has failed..
    If all works find the Blackra1n icon on your springboard best to make sure you are connected to your internet via wifi and run it select cydia and install it and same for blacksn0w (to unlock)then
    if all fails you might not have long to wait for a new jailbreak untethered if current news is correct..
    hope this helps you..
    R
    Last edited by g0sbv; 2010-03-28 at 08:38 PM.

Unfortunately the hashes aren't stored through Cydia.
    I tried restoring with normal firmware, even custom firmware but iTunes kept popping errors (1600, 1604). Later i found out that it's because of the bootrom, being the newer model.

Thanks

Ok thats a shame I personally would just wait for a couple of weeks and see what happens in the jailbreak world..

Guess so...Damn the devil!