Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help regardng unlock iphone 3g

Default Need help regardng unlock iphone 3g
    guys... i need help regardng unlock iphone 3g.

my friend gave me an iphone 3g 8gb today. he got it from his brother in law who resides in uk.

what i can see in the iphone is that.....

serial: 87834Q88Y7H
    firmware: 2.2.1
    baseband: 02.30.03
    bootloader: 5.9
    Model: MB489B

and its non-tethered jailbroken as i can use the iphone as ipod and cydia is installed. but no sim is accepted as it ays no sim after inserting sim card.

so now i just need to unlock it.

so should i update software to 3.x ??
    and what steps should i follow to unlock it?

cheers

any help brothers? please.
    Last edited by dying4004; 2010-03-27 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

update to 3.1.2 using the shift+restore method and use redsn0w to jailbreak and ultrasn0w to unlock...you can find the firmware file in the download section of this forum...once jailbroken you can use cydia to install ultrasn0w to unlock

a bit described post would be easier. what software i should use to make a custom rom? or should i download pre-made firmware? how to upgrade to baseband to 4.26.08? what software will upgrade baseband o that specific?

Thanks

There is really no point going into extreme detail everytime someone asks this question. That's why there are guides on the forum

Quote Originally Posted by Effenpig! View Post
    There is really no point going into extreme detail everytime someone asks this question. That's why there are guides on the forum

sigh :S

great help.

if every1 was master of everything then there wouldnt be forums.

i know i need to upgrade baseband to 4.26.08 ad otherwise ultrasn0w wont work.
    i know i need to jailbreak it with redsn0w after updating to 3.0 as 3.0 got builtin bb 4.26.08 and
    i have all these tools. but still i was waiting for some1 to answer because there are ppl here who
    are more expert and experienced than me in phone hacking and who have done this many times already.
    so if those expert ppl tell me that this is good to go then i will proceed.

whats wrong in that??

if only guides do everything then close the forum and set a static guide page. why let ppl post to ask for help when
    you have all the useful guides??

Thanks

because if all we had were guides we couldn't enjoy all the pleasant conversations we have here...but seriuosly we have guides for the general stuff and we answer questions about the more in depth problems etc...

My iPhone is jailbroken stil running 3.0 how can I update it to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3?

Thanks

download or create a custom 3.1.2 ipsw, put it on your desktop, and shift+restore (pc) or option+restore (mac) in itunes and point it at the custom firmware and you will be good to go...once complete you will be jailbroken already...

if you have a mac or access to one use pwnagetool to create the custom ipsw file...if not google a custom ipsw that was made with pwnagetool...if you use official carrier it needs to be unactivated or if you use unofficial carrier it needs to be activated...