Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.1.2 restore help!!

Default 3.1.2 restore help!!
    hi
    im currently running a jailbroken iphone 3gs running 3.1.2 (7D11) 05.11.07. i want to restore the phone without upgrading to 3.1.3 and not being able to jailbreak it.

in cydia it says at the top in green:
    'this device has SHSHs on file for iphone OS:3.1.3'
    then at the bottom in grey it says:
    ' iphone 3G(S), iphoneOS 3.1.2, cydia 1.0.3044-65'

tried restoring it using the notepad way adding to the hosts file and i still get the message saying i cannot restore to this firmware.

any ideas how i could restore it now?

Thanks

is your current jailbreak a tethered jailbreak?

im not sure. what is a tethered jailbreak?

Thanks

do you have to re-run the jailbreak program every time you reboot your phone

ohh no. i jailbroke my iphone using blackrain if that helps. i jus dont understand why cydia would have it saved as 3.1.3 if im still using 3.1.2

straight from brooklyn better know as crooklyn (crooklyn dodgers)
    Thanks

ok i accidently upgrade to 3.1.3 big mistake..i was jailbroken on 3.1.2 iphone 3gs 32GB for a long time...i try to restore, using all the methods people was saying to do..but it always came the error (this device is not eligible for custom rebuild?? i think...that was it... anyways this is how i downgrade to 3.1.2 with no problems at all flawless... i edited hosts file with notepad...so i when to itunes shift restore pick my 3.1.2 firmware is restoring but it didn't gave me that not eligible crap stufff...ok 10 minutes past boom,i get the 16000 error i think...ok so i knew it was on 3.1.2 i just had to boot it up you know bring it to live..so i said (blackra1n)time..ran blackra1n iphone is booting up geohots bootlogo yes it work...next thing you know i was on 3.1.2.... flawless i dont know if i save ssh or what ever files on cydia...i didnt attend to update to 3.1.3 i was messing around then something when wrong...go figure....but for real host file thing works like a charm...hope this help i know you read something like this already lol just wanted to share.....peace
    stash459 june30 2007 iphone like $700 playboy!

Quote Originally Posted by stash459 View Post
    ok i accidently upgrade to 3.1.3 big mistake..i was jailbroken on 3.1.2 iphone 3gs 32GB for a long time...i try to restore, using all the methods people was saying to do..but it always came the error (this device is not eligible for custom rebuild?? i think...that was it... anyways this is how i downgrade to 3.1.2 with no problems at all flawless... i edited hosts file with notepad...so i when to itunes shift restore pick my 3.1.2 firmware is restoring but it didn't gave me that not eligible crap stufff...ok 10 minutes past boom,i get the 16000 error i think...ok so i knew it was on 3.1.2 i just had to boot it up you know bring it to live..so i said (blackra1n)time..ran blackra1n iphone is booting up geohots bootlogo yes it work...next thing you know i was on 3.1.2.... flawless i dont know if i save ssh or what ever files on cydia...i didnt attend to update to 3.1.3 i was messing around then something when wrong...go figure....but for real host file thing works like a charm...hope this help i know you read something like this already lol just wanted to share.....peace
    ive already edited the hosts file and still no luck. im using windows 7 with the latest itunes. im going to try it on my xp laptop. do i need to upgrade to 3.1.3 first? what did u paste into the hosts file because ive seen different characters thats been pasted.
    thanks

tried it again on my xp laptop still not working and i used: 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com and tried 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com. is there something im not doing or do u have to upgrade to 3.1.3 first for this to work?
    Last edited by iDntfkabout; 2010-03-27 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iDntfkabout View Post
    ive already edited the hosts file and still no luck. im using windows 7 with the latest itunes. im going to try it on my xp laptop. do i need to upgrade to 3.1.3 first? what did u paste into the hosts file because ive seen different characters thats been pasted.
    thanks

tried it again on my xp laptop still not working and i used: 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com and tried 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com. is there something im not doing or do u have to upgrade to 3.1.3 first for this to work?
    since your jailbreak is an untethered jailbreak (meaning you don't have to re-run the jailbreak software everytime you resart/reboot your phone) you need to search google for a custom 3.1.2 ipsw made with pwnagetool (very important) and restore using the shift+restore method...the reason cydia says that it has 3.1.3 shsh's on file and not 3.1.2 is that apple is currently only signing the 3.1.3 firmware...once again your jailbreak must be untethered for the above mentioned to work...

ok kool. any particular windows OS or version of itunes i should use?

Thanks

ok kool. any particular windows OS or version of itunes i should use?
    not that i am aware of...if someone else knows any different they will let us know....

ok some progress, im getting to preparing iphone for restore then im getting that error 1600. any ideas y?

straight from brooklyn better know as crooklyn (crooklyn dodgers)
    Thanks

i guess you have to update or restore to stock 3.1.3 but like i said i was on 3.1.2 jailbroken and cydia was giving me that stupid header mismatch? error...so i try to delete some sources...boom next thing you know i had no choice to restore...but like i said i edited the hosts file on my windows xp (74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com.)and it work...it gave me the erorr 1600 ithink...bu use blackra1n and finally on the go....i know i already wrote almost the same post lol sorry....feel like writing...good luck...
    stash459 june30 2007 iphone like $700 playboy!

Finally, i have completed the restore. just took the phone out of DFU mode and just connected it normally and it completed a full restore with no errors.
    i would like to that u both for all your help

Thanks

glad it worked for you

Finally, i have completed the restore. just took the phone out of DFU mode and just connected it normally and it completed a full restore with no errors.
    i would like to that u both for all your help
    hey iDntfkabout

glad to hear that you got your problem fixed since i'm in the exact same situation as you. I jailbroke after 3.1.3 was released so Cydia only has 3.1.3 available for me.

Since you have the experience with it now, can you please do a write up to explain how and what you used (links to downloads would be great) to do this restore? It's hard to follow reading bits and pieces from different ppl on this thread.

thanks, i really appreciate it!