Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SHSHs on file with Cydia so how do I use it to restore to 3.1.2?

Default SHSHs on file with Cydia so how do I use it to restore to 3.1.2?
    Here is my deal: I currently have a iPhone 3gs 3.1.2 new bootrom because I traded with my girlfriend because she just got it. I gave her my 3gs with old bootrom because it had a meltdown and had to be restored with 3.1.3 to work again. My SHSHs was on file with Cydia with that phone. So I've heard that there should be a way to downgrade back to 3.1.2. So how would I go about it. I tried doing it with a copy of 3.1.2 and hitting shift at the same time as restore through iTunes. Is there some special steps to have Cydia sign it. It didn't work when I tried it initially bit I may have been missing steps that involve the way cydia helps me sign it. So can someone fill me in on how that process works because if I can revert that one back to 3.1.2 I will be untethered again and really happy. Then I can give my girlfriend the new one she got back.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Too late now, but you could've used a custom 3.1.2 firmware on the phone you gave your girlfriend, even if you didn't have the 3.1.2 SHSHs.

Here's a guide on the downgrade process: Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)