Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jail break / unlock advice!??!

Default Jail break / unlock advice!??!
    hi all..

just got a new iphone while in the US last week..

it's 3.1.3 firmware. its the new bootrom (359.3.2)

what are my options for jailbreak and unlocking???? as from googling for a fews days..is this not currently possible?

its stuck in recovery mode after i tried to jailbreak using snowbreeze...before i did that i could ipod feauresl..doh.

Thanks in advance

There are currently no jailbrake options for you. There has been talks of 3.2 coming with the release of the ipad on April 3rd and they may work on a JB for it. If not it may not be till the rumored release of iPhone 4.0 in June or July.

is there any downgrading i can do?? would ipad software work on iphone (actually isnt it same software)

A couple months ago you used to be able to downgrade your iPhone firmware but iTunes and Apple put a stop to it. So as of right now nothing to my knowledge.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

3GS phones can only restore to the current firmware which is 3.1.3 right now.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

So basically, you're stuck as of right now. I'd recommend selling the phone and getting another or just wait a couple months...

dam it.
    That's annoying as i just got back to where i live (new zealand) from the US..with a brick basically