Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak a 3GS, 3.1 on Windows

No problem, thanks for all your help so far!

dont mean to thread jack but i also have 3.1 on a 3gs i want jailbreak and need unlock. from my readings i can safely upgrade stock 3.1.2 firmware to the phone, than jailbreak and unlock. f0recast states unlockable and jailbreak possible right now. but i want 3.1.2 as 3.1 doesnt have mms right?

Thanks

if you aren't already jailbroken and your 3.1.2 shsh's aren't on cydia then you will have to update using a custom 3.1.2 firmware...not stock...of course before you do that you will have to jailbreak your current version

Hi, OK...

I tried from one computer, just got error 3014 or an error that the update server could not be contacted , this was with a custom ipsw for 3.0

On a different computer with 9.1 It states my device is not eligible for the build

For a custom 3.1.2 I just get 1600 errors on both computers that I try it from, no matter what I try.

I have tried in dfu mode and normal mode on both...., normal mode just results in a recovery loop and I need ih8tesn0w to break out of it...dfu mode is completely unresponsive..... resulting in the errors above...

Any ideas?

Anyone? Is there really no option at this time?

Is there really no hope? Does anyone have any further suggestions?

will blackra1n work for 3gs with 3.1 and old bootrom?
    Last edited by DonkeyWizard2; 2010-04-06 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12