Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My Scenerio: 3GS never Jailbroken/ @ 3.1.2 Do I have a chance?

Lightbulb My Scenerio: 3GS never Jailbroken/ @ 3.1.2 Do I have a chance?
    Sup All,

Background:
    I am currently enjoying my iPhone 3G which is Jailbroken. I had the chance to upgrade and I took it, purchased an I iPhone 3GS 32GB.

My Issue:
    The 3GS out of the box had 3.1.2 FW installed. Having not heard about the apple authentication servers trying to apply a jb fw 3.1.2 failed. Seems that it's now stuck in DFU mode. At this point what are my options (besides wait for a newer JB)?

Any advice will be much appreciated, thanks in advance ppl!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You have what's called a tethered jailbreak which means if the phone is powered off for any reason at all it will get stuck in recovery mode with the connect to iTunes logo. At this point you will have to run blackra1n again to boot it up.

Thanks for the quick reply Poseidon79 - I have never Jailbroken this 3GS yet, my first and only attempt was using PwnageTool. I haven't tried to do a tethered Jailbreak, are you suggesting that I attempt to do a tethered JB?

Thanks

he is saying you will HAVE to do a tethered jailbreak...if your phone has the new bootrom then it will not accept custom firmware (why pwnagetool didn't work)...u will have use redsn0w or blackra1n to jailbreak it

^^Sounds good!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Please report back if you're able to save it with redsn0w/blackra1n. Because I have a suspicion that once you've tried using a CFW on a new bootrom phone, you're forced to restore it to get it back to life.